Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2018 ProMaster 2500 (159" wheelbase). It came with the double bench seat in the front (black with gray center), would love to swap it for the single bucket seat version. And, if you want it, I'm happy to throw in the cargo area partition that I removed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 3500 and need to trade my single seat for a double. Are they interchangeable...the ‘18s and 19’ that is? I’m in Marblehead MA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if they're interchangeable or not ... I'm not aware of a model year change from '18 to '19 ... but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. I'll see if I can find that out from my dealer.

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Mast likely they are, plus I wouldn’t believe much a dealer tells you as most of them don’t have a clue. Best to both get get together and see for yourself. There are lots of threads here on what you need to do and how to do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stopped by the dealer yesterday. As you predicted, the parts guy there wasn't sure about interchangeability of 2018 and 2019. But, he THINKS it should work. I snapped two pics of how my front passenger 2-person bench is attached to the floor, one from the front, one from the rear--see below. It APPEARS that there are only 4 attachment points as if it was just a single bucket seat. Are you able to tell from the pictures whether a swap seems possible?

I agree, getting together is probably the best plan (unless we rule things out in advance). Next weekend (Nov 16-17) could work for me--I might have a reason to be up your way. Any chance that works for you?

Also, here's what I think I know about the airbag and seatbelt sensors. In going from the double to the single, I need to buy some parts so that the system thinks the middle seat is still there. (I'm going to buy the parts rather than trying the "solder in a resister" approach.) On your end, do you just need to plug in your single seat cable to the connector that's part of the right-most seat in the double?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, sorry for the delay, yes this weekend works for me if you’re around the area that would be awesome. It looks like they are interchangeable. The occupancy control module should work for the right seat and no ocs for the middle.

Is there a pm or dm available in this forum or is everything public?

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Go to the circle at the top right side of the screen with your info and click on ‘’Conversations" then " Start Conversation" to send PM’s

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, sorry for the delay, yes this weekend works for me if you’re around the area that would be awesome. It looks like they are interchangeable. The occupancy control module should work for the right seat and no ocs for the middle.

Tim, I just sent you a DM. Another way to send a DM is simply to click on the person's icon/avatar and choose "Start Conversation." -Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Tim, just sent you a PM about perhaps making the swap tomorrow (Sat Nov 16) ... it has my contact information. Thanks, Jeff

·
Banned
7 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I have a new 2018 ProMaster 2500 (159" wheelbase). It came with the double bench seat in the front (black with gray center), would love to swap it for the single bucket seat version. And, if you want it, I'm happy to throw in the cargo area partition that I removed.

View attachment 58096
I know this is an old post, but have you found someone to swap with you? We are actually looking for what you have. Just purchased a 2018 Promaster 2500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I know this is an old post, but have you found someone to swap with you? We are actually looking for what you have. Just purchased a 2018 Promaster 2500.
Hi! I just saw this post and wanted to see if you were looking for the double seat or the bucket seat? I have a double and I’m looking to swap it out as well.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi! I just saw this post and wanted to see if you were looking for the double seat or the bucket seat? I have a double and I’m looking to swap it out as well.....
I was looking for the bucket seat, and had the good fortune to find someone who wanted to trade. The swap was fairly straightforward, with the caveat that:
a. The vehicle with the new double/bench seat did NOT have airbag protection for the middle rider
b. The vehicle with the new bucket seat (my vehicle) needs some airbag sensor work

I'm moderately handy and was able to do that work myself. It's documented here:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking for the bucket seat, and had the good fortune to find someone who wanted to trade. The swap was fairly straightforward, with the caveat that:
a. The vehicle with the new double/bench seat did NOT have airbag protection for the middle rider
b. The vehicle with the new bucket seat (my vehicle) needs some airbag sensor work

I'm moderately handy and was able to do that work myself. It's documented here:
Awesome write-up and thanks for the info! I guess I’ll need to post something similar as I am also looking to do the same as you! Thanks again!

·
Banned
7 Posts
We are still looking to swap - please contact me dlbboone21 at gmail.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts