Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inside my van working and I wanted to listen to the radio. It appears there is no accessory mode on the key switch, just fully on or off. Fully on means the backup camera comes on (why - I'm in park?) and you can't see the radio info. The owner's manual mentions an accessory mode - am I missing something? Btw, you can listen to the radio in the key off position, but only for about 15 minutes before it automatically turns off...

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can adjust the auto off for the radio up to 20 minutes in the settings mode, my sprinter was up to 60 minutes which was great. Your camera should not be on in park. There is a setting for a delay for the camera also in the settings mode where you can have the camera stay on for a set period of time after you shift out of reverse. This is helpful when you are jocking the truck back and forth say at a dock or wherever to line it up. You can turn this feature off if you like. I bet that is why it was on. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was inside my van working and I wanted to listen to the radio. It appears there is no accessory mode on the key switch, just fully on or off. Fully on means the backup camera comes on (why - I'm in park?) and you can't see the radio info. The owner's manual mentions an accessory mode - am I missing something? Btw, you can listen to the radio in the key off position, but only for about 15 minutes before it automatically turns off...
In my van i can just push the power button and the radio turns on with no key which is nice. After about 20 mins or so it shuts off. Try pressing the middle of the left knob and see if it turns on.

Chad

·
Registered
380 Posts
During my build I turned it on 6 times for 20 min each and after that it wouldn't turn on until I cycled the ignition. I put in an aux radio in the back connected to coach battery and no more problem.

·
Premium Member
8,717 Posts
iPhone with a bluetooth speaker. Has all my music, has radio feeds when wireless or cell serviced and podcasts when not. My MLB subscription lets me listen to any baseball games that might be on too, or last nights if I haven’t gotten the score!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could always wire a switch in as a 12-volt trigger to turn it on and off. I did replace my UC5.0 but in the process wired in a 12-volt switch to trigger it on and off, I believe ever head unit should have some sort of trigger. I was a bit worried when I did this, because I used the Maestro system and they had no idea what would happen. Tried it, it worked, and I am happy because I can run my stereo all day without that silly 20min timer.

As for the UC5.0 wearing down the battery by leaving it on, I doubt that dinky stereo would drain that much power. While I have an aux battery, the 1000-watt Kicker amp I have, has been left on at events at full blast for over 8hrs and it barely put a dent in my second battery; which is the interstate equivalent to the factory battery. I know the new digital amps draw way less power, but it would still draw tons more than the UC5.0.

Hope it works out for someone.

·
Premium Member
8,717 Posts
Hey guys I’ve been following this thread and thinking my radio plays longer than 20 minutes so I went out and pushed the radio on and it said “60 MIN” and played for an hour! It’s a UC3. Is there any way to toggle yours to the hour?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I even tried to get the dealer to go into the programming and change it. They said they can't or won't or whatever. The radio should be able to play at least an hour without turning off. Also the interior lights go off after about 5 minutes. Even if the van is running. Loading up equipment into the van in the evenings is such a treat. Whoever came up with this stuff should be fired.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts