Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to buy or place an order for a Promaster 3500. My hometown (Santa Maria CA) Dodge dealer took my printout of the specs I want and said he'd call me in an hour. 35 hours later no call.I send him an email he responds that he's working on it have something this afternoon. 6pm nothing. I sent emails to two other dealers this morning. No response. Nobody seems to want my money. Is business that good? Any suggestions? I can go to Southern or Northern Cal. I just want to get my van ordered.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
This is a bad time. As the changeover to 2018 is happening in July no orders for Vans are being taken by FCA. You missed the order deadline I would guess, and it will now be in September or October before they would make your 2018 van. This is not just a Promaster thing or even FCA. You have no choice but to take an existing 2017 van or cool your jets for a couple of months. Sorry.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The good news:
If you can find what you want in last year's model at a dealership somewhere, the next two months are a good time to get a low price. It may be worth a long drive. I bought my 2015 PM a year ago in August after watching the price drop gradually for several months, then drop rapidly in August.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and advice. I understood I might have to wait to get exactly what i want but they will not call me back or just make promises to call than don't. No wonder people hate car salesman...... Might try Sprinter its just money lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can confirm that the 2017 window is closed for having a van built. The deadline occurred right in the middle of me building it out with a dealer. I went with a 2016 model that had almost everything I wanted. In the end, it was worth the several thousands in savings. I can now use that difference for better "stuff" in the van build.

I found my van by doing a zip code by zip code search for new vans on the Ram Promaster website (it only lets you search out 200 miles). My van was way up north and it required a one-way flight up there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I feel your pain . First , car salesmen need to sell a car TODAY . Worry about tomorrow , tomorrow . But I will say 20% car salesmen are professionals and will get you your car or something very close .
RDNHAZ is right , options change , models change , big unknown at this time of year .
Find a fleet manager as they live on orders . And maybe they can LOCATE a van close enough to your specs . Be flexible .

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can confirm that the 2017 window is closed for having a van built. The deadline occurred right in the middle of me building it out with a dealer. I went with a 2016 model that had almost everything I wanted. In the end, it was worth the several thousands in savings. I can now use that difference for better "stuff" in the van build.

I found my van by doing a zip code by zip code search for new vans on the Ram Promaster website (it only lets you search out 200 miles). My van was way up north and it required a one-way flight up there.

Good luck.
I got mine last July, did a search on Cars.com can search entire country. I found mine in Georgia outside of Atlanta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts