Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have neither the upfitter connection nor the rear 12v outlet--I got most everything I wanted, but not all. So I need to run a wire from the fuse box to the rear. This will be used only for running a couple of reading lights and charging iPhones. Is there a dedicated channel for this or at least a preferred route?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I have neither the upfitter connection nor the rear 12v outlet--I got most everything I wanted, but not all. So I need to run a wire from the fuse box to the rear. This will be used only for running a couple of reading lights and charging iPhones. Is there a dedicated channel for this or at least a preferred route?
I have the connector, but wish it was on the driver side instead of the passenger side. On the passenger side, the wires have to go up and over the sliding door, which is a long way up on a high roof van.

The rear 12V connector wouldn't do you any good because it's only on when the key is on.

I would connect a fuse to the battery (under the front seat hatch) then run a wire from there up the steel column behind the driver's door and along the top edge to where you need it. It would be very easy to drop the wire down any of the columns along the driver side wall.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
9,051 Posts
Ditto, you could also run it under the drivers side floor mat and seat and them up the column, along the top and down anywhere you like. You would be wise to get a second house battery tho to dedicate to whatever you want power for when the engine is off. Just connect it to the main battery thru a combiner and you will be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts