1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
654 Posts
They got it wrong, that looks like an Iveco Daily, the give away is the larger wheels and rear wheel drive.

Compare the wheels of the two photos, Iveco Daily:

and the spy shots:

and here you can see the rwd 'pumkin':

·
Registered
654 Posts
You are correct though, that the Ducato will be updated in 2015. I think it will be a short time til we find out how long it will be til Ram introduces it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good catch. I thought the dually wheels were unusual but it was late and I did not bother to look at the other pics. It could be the camo but the more upright squared off front end did not look right to me either.

·
Registered
363 Posts
dually wheels is a great sign, a sign of a heavier duty promaster/ducato. can't wait to see what those will be capable of when the time comes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was wondering why they would do that also. Maybe they were just hiding it from the competition.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It appears very unlikely that RAM will bring the new revised Iveco Daily to US as rumored last year.

The new van is available in many sizes, some large enough to almost make a small Class A RV out of. The longest van is 25-feet long and has just under 700 cubic feet of volume, with a cargo length just over 200 inches. That's serious space. And with GVWR far greater than Transit or ProMaster. With body on frame design the GVWR and GCWR exceed Sprinters too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts