Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am getting a '15 1500 136 low roof gasser this week. And have joined the forum for advice and expertise.
rdkeith

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Great. What do you plan for the van? Welcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do I plan? Hmmm I need to be able to put my 02 BMW GS in the back and have some room for air mattress. I have to go to CA next spring for daughter's college grad. Otherwise its a daily driver and travel to FL in winter. I used to have a '67 and '74 Ford van. Simple hauling and camping.
rdkeith

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Ride the GS. They were not made to be carried in a van or in a trailer. I also have a 2002 GS that has been across the country and it was great! Spend winters in the relative warmth of FL? Good plan.
A year ago in May I traveled in my van near you, I stayed in Lake Manatee State Park for a couple of nights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My GS Adv and I have been across the US twice. I am not riding as this will be extended trip. 2 months or so. I am getting too old to tent for months. Plus my SWMBO and son will be joining for parts ( they still work)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 136 gasser LR is perfect for hauling motorcycles. I just got back on a FL to CA and back via Colorado hauling my Husky dirt bike. 6 370ish miles. I bought my van so I can attend races out of the area and not worry about being ripped off. I can camp or stay in the Hilton or wherever. Wife thinks Im crazy for starting my motocross and off road at 63. This is also a great daily driver,cause its easy to park.

Enjoy your rides!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts