Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello another new guy here. I don't own the new pm but test drove one the other day and I like it a lot. I have a 04 dodge sprinter diesel now and I'm considering buying a pm. Just wish the diesel version was available now. The gas has plenty hp and trq but I'm afraid mpg would suck when I'm loaded. I'm an electrical contractor and my sprinter is great with room and mileage but very very expensive in repairs. It's in the shop now as we speak with a no start no crank problem that no one and I mean no one has figured this problem out yet. There's about 10 people with the same issue on the sprinter forum I'm on. Anyway I hope to learn great stuff here and hopefully I'll be in a pm soon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
sucks to hear about your sprinter. hopefully it's not an expensive repair this time so its still worth good money if you decide to sell or trade it in.

welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well dealer called and said it might be the ECM ( computer) which I wasn't hoping for cause that's about a $2000 repair. There gonna diagnose some more before they put one in.
Idk what to do. I should just go get me the new pm and be done with it lol.
Thanks for the welcomes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeff. How did you find the Promaster vs your sprinter? Is it an upgrade you're excited about or just a necessity?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeff. How did you find the Promaster vs your sprinter? Is it an upgrade you're excited about or just a necessity?
I'd like to know that too, curious how the transition is going from RWD to FWD. I know some people hate it but learn to live with it due to the perks of most FWD vehicles over RWD's

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What's not to like about a brand new vehicle lol. Don't get me wrong I love my sprinter but the pm drives nicer. For instance my sprinter needed koni adjustable shocks ($700) upgrade and a rear sway bar kit just to get it to drive nice. They like to rock side to side gong into driveways and the such. Mine is a regular roof 140" web and the pm was a 136" high roof. No sway what so ever.
It would be a necessity to me since I'm an electrical contractor.
I did not buy one yet so can't report on the front wheel drive situation. My rear drive does awesome in the snow and it has esp which makes it even better. I think front wheel drive would be good too. Compared to my wife's mariner, it also does great in snow. Never got stuck. Now loaded with a ton in back I'm not sure what it would do but they get snow overseas and maybe they do good.
If the gasser can get 15 mpg loaded I would be happy with that. Maintenance and repairs on my sprinter are very expensive. A simple brake job at the dealer cost $1000 bucks lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts