Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Thanks for letting me join. Have been looking at Hymer Aktiv on Promaster gas chassis. Just looked at a 2014 4 cylinder eco diesel. Wasn’t aware of this one before. Anyone have feedback on it?

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
It should be a great combo. There were some emission systems issues with the early diesels. That doesn’t mean that one was affected. Just to be sure check its service history, take a good long test drive and be sure you like the automatically shifted manual transmission. It can be driven like an automatic but must be in D or R when shut off so it can’t roll. I have the diesel and really like it and the transmission. Mine gets 26-27 mpg and the service is about the same cost as a gas van. That loaded up rig will get somewhat less but still way better fuel mileage than the gas version.
The diesel is not common so getting really expert service from dealers has been hard for some owners. Many dealers have sold only a few and if those were trouble free which most are the dealer may have never done anything but changed the oil, which is a different product than the gas engine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yup......if you like to sprint from a start.....stay with gas....
If your more slow and go.....dsl is for you....
Great gas milage...long service intervals...but beware...not many ppl can work on the dsls....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts