Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 136" Low Roof in ID
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm in the early stages of looking for a van to set up for traveling. Currently trying to decide if a 118" low roof would be enough space - I'd like to keep it small for easier maneuvering & parking.

I'm a 55 year old mom with a teenager and two dogs, and I plan to retire within the next year. I expect I'll have a million and one questions, and may drive you all nuts before I'm done. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Welcome Annie!

My opinion is to go with the most you can afford. I believe you would have regrets about buying a 118 low roof van for many, many reasons. They are great vans for many things but for a camper - NO! At the bare minimum get a 136 high top (unless you are a Munchkin). They are very easy to drive, and have a decent amount of space and headroom to be comfortable and livable, especially for one person.

Do yourself a favor and drive both, preferably for a weekend, and I think you'll understand what and why I'm saying.

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome Annie!

My opinion is to go with the most you can afford. I believe you would have regrets about buying a 118 low roof van for many, many reasons. They are great vans for many things but for a camper - NO! At the bare minimum get a 136 high top (unless you are a Munchkin). They are very easy to drive, and have a decent amount of space and headroom to be comfortable and livable, especially for one person.

Do yourself a favor and drive both, preferably for a weekend, and I think you'll understand what and why I'm saying.

Good luck ;)
I agree. I went with the hi top when I found one I could afford. No regrets. Just have to stay away from drive thru's and parking garages. Otherwise it is a dream to maneuver in small places and very easy to park. Easier than my wife's mid sized car due to the better visibility.

·
Registered
2018 136" Low Roof in ID
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'm only 5' 4" (and shrinking), so I might be considered a munchkin...

Unfortunately, there aren't any vans nearby, so I'll need to make a trip just to see and test drive one.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
You will be able to stand in a low roof and have 4” to spare. I’d still consider the 136” as a 118” is going to be nothing but a bed space. The nearly two feet and the wider door will be well used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts