Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New wheels arrived from Tire Rack today.https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W19299002TS&wheelMake=MSW&wheelModel=Type+48+Van&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=RAM&autoModel=ProMaster+2500&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=LT225%2F75-16+Light+Truck..bought new all season highway tires, they arrive next week. Will follow up with pic.

·
Registered
886 Posts
They look nice. Post a photo installed too.

I’d like some wheels, but don’t want to increase my track width and have the anything stick out farther. Will your track width stay the same?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These guys are 16” X 6.5” . OEM wheels are 16” X 6.0”. I didn’t see any aftermarket 6” wide wheels. Will post when they get put on the van.

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
Sticking out is a function of offset. That should be specified on the replacement wheels.
Factory wheels are 6Jx16 ET68 68mm of offset.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the specs. The other option was a very good looking machine finished wheel with black accents. I chose the painted silver because of durability (snow country) and I live off a dirt road... silver looks clean even coated with dust.

·
Registered
327 Posts
(edit: corrected second image)

There is a great calculator here:

I put in the factory tires on the left, and your new wheels with the Tire Rack's "Rec. Tire Size:225/75-16" on the right.

Suspension clearance: Package 2 is 15 mm (0.6'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.
Fenders clearance: Package 2 will stick out 35 mm (1.4'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset.

That would be way off. You might be better with a 245 wide 70 series.

Suspension clearance: The same.
Fenders clearance: Package 2 will stick out 20 mm (0.8'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset
Wheelwells clearance: Will fill out the wheel well by an extra 3 mm. Almost no difference

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I put in the factory tires on the left, and your new wheels with the Tire Rack's "Rec. Tire Size:225/75-16" on the right.

Suspension clearance: Package 2 is 15 mm (0.6'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.
Fenders clearance: Package 2 will stick out 35 mm (1.4'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset.

View attachment 63359

Fenders clearance: Package 2 will stick out 20 mm (0.8'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset
Wheelwells clearance: Will fill out the wheel well by an extra 3 mm. Almost no difference

View attachment 63363
Thank you for your hard work. I noticed you mistyped the tire size on section 2 which skewed the results. You entered 275

View attachment 63359

View attachment 63363
Thanks for your hard work and the great website! You mistyped the tire size in the first table which skewed the results. For the aftermarket wheels you entered tire size 275-75 instead of OEM tire size 225-75. When I made the correction the tire just sticks out 0.4 inch more.https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New wheels arrived from Tire Rack today.https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W19299002TS&wheelMake=MSW&wheelModel=Type+48+Van&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=RAM&autoModel=ProMaster+2500&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=LT225%2F75-16+Light+Truck..bought new all season highway tires, they arrive next week. Will follow up with pic. View attachment 63336 View attachment 63337
Here are my follow up pics. Terramax H/T tires. Tire only sticks out 0.4 inches more than OEM setup. Very pleased with the ride and noise level. Ecstatic about how the wheel looks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts