Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi--

After binge-watching van build videos and sketching ideas, I'm taking the virtual plunge by signing up and posting here.

My dream is to build something akin to the Hymer Activ when I find the right used EB (gas) van and have accumulated enough part sourcing and design ideas.

Had an idea today about mounting small propane tanks vertically, and figured I had to start posting here to start my journey.

Cheers!

Ziggy StarDog

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Welcome. Many here have forgone propane as 12 volt electric refrigerators, solar panels and heaters using fuel from the van’s tank are available technologies. That being said we have members with lots of experience with propane and some have installed it in their vans. Post your ideas and we will discuss the pros and cons.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I hear you on the all-electric on most points, although I plan to heat water and propane seemed the best solution for that. But there may be solutions I'm not aware of. I'd be interested if anyone had any luck with solar or solar assist on this front.

I'd heard that the Webasto gasoline heater solution was noisy, but I'll give it another look. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts