Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In planning for future order, ( 159 2500 hi top ) I see that for 2017 at least the RAM website will sell factory windows on the passenger side sliding door and two rear panel doors.
No where do I see factory windows on the two rear quarter panels. If I wanted these two to match the available factory ones ( slider and back door windows ) am I locked in to the CFL so that the mix of factory and aftermarket match ?

Alternatively, I would need to get Motion windows all around so that they all look uniform.

What are the factory options here?

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My order would be a 2018 by the way, just that the Ram online build it site just shows 2017 at this time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you want windows all the way around, and don't want the driver side sliding door, then get a window van. The last time I checked the window van was a good $1700 cheaper than getting the cargo van and adding the rear door windows and the sliding door windows.

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks GapRunr. We looked at the window van but it doesn't quite do it for us. I believe it is loaded with airbags ?, not sure.
We now think the solution is to go the Motion window route where we control window placement.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks GapRunr. We looked at the window van but it doesn't quite do it for us. I believe it is loaded with airbags ?, not sure.
We now think the solution is to go the Motion window route where we control window placement.

Thanks for your input.
No airbags. No seats. The Transit Wagon has side protection airbags but the Promaster Window Van is a Promaster Cargo van with windows all around, and a slightly softer suspension which can be upgraded to that of the cargo van.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts

Thanks for your input.
We just bought a window van. Not sure we have any more air bags than the cargo vans. Other than the front door windows none of the others open so ventilation is not good. We are probably going to pay to have to motion windows installed in the rear panels. $382 each and that does not include installation.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Big mistake! Go with the window van. Add an awning type window in the back for flow thru ventilation and you will be way, way ahead, not to mention the softer springs on the window van. The stock 159 cargo springs are way too stiff to ever give you a good ride for a camper conversion. I would get the window van just to get the softer springs - you will discover what I'm talking about after it's too late, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Also consider this window to get the factory look and opening. It is spendy but any glass company can remove your factory window and put it in. They can get it for you for less too I bet.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/2014-2015-All-glass-Promaster-Passenger-Wheelbase/dp/B00VSAJ4NA/ref=sr_1_10?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1505388699&sr=1-10&keywords=CRL+OEM+Design+All+Glass+Look+Ram+promaster[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Design-All-glass-2014-2015-Promaster-Wheelbase/dp/B00VSD7MKE/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1505388699&sr=1-11&keywords=CRL+OEM+Design+All+Glass+Look+Ram+promaster[/ame]

Reactions: Santiago

·
Registered
734 Posts
Also consider this window to get the factory look and opening. It is spendy but any glass company can remove your factory window and put it in. They can get it for you for less too I bet.

https://www.amazon.com/2014-2015-Al...s=CRL+OEM+Design+All+Glass+Look+Ram+promaster

https://www.amazon.com/Design-All-g...s=CRL+OEM+Design+All+Glass+Look+Ram+promaster
I ordered my CRL window from my local glass company. Cost me more than buying through the cheapest known retailers online. Shipping is a lot!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank you RD. Thank God we will not be ordering soon and have time to review different designs. Having said that I wish we were ordering soon ! Our current RV is for sale now and fielding inquiries as we speak.

Talked to the Ram sales guy that we bought or Ram pickup from and he will be assisting when we are ready to order. There is a 159 HT 2500 on our drive way as I write. We rented it from Enterprise on a discount for $59 and love the way it drives and feel. Ok its not a sports car but who cares. We are measuring it in great detail confirming and adding new dimensions to our drawings. Glad we rented this as it already caused design changes for the better.

Ventilation questions in case we do not get opening rear opening windows : has anyone installed two MaxxFans ? I know how well and efficient they work and all for around 3+ amps on high. We will have both slider and behind driver windows opening for ventilation, maybe not in the rear.

For those with a rear "curb to street" bed in the rear with a MaxxFan over it, does it help cool you on a hot evening ? I would think so if it's gently blowing down over the bed area. If we choose a rear MaxxFan, we would consider a forward one as well. Just wondering if someone else has two installed.

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any one install AMA all glass, identical to OEM look, window with option to have small integrated glass slider. These are glued just like the OEM ones and not frame clamped like the Motions brand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts