Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on purchasing a promaster to semi customize in to a camping/sport van and was wondering about towing. I would need to be able to back a jetski trailer in to a launch.

Would a rear view camera help with this and should I get a promaster with rear windows?

Thanks and I am happy to be part of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
I tow frequently with my promaster and, never having had such a thing before, am in awe of the backup camera. It makes hitching and towing and backing so much easier. I would highly recommend one.

I have back windows but don't ever look out of them while driving.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Backup camera is awesome for towing. Get it! Takes the guesswork out of lining up the hitch with the trailer.

I wouldn't consider rear windows to be essential for towing although mine has them. Between the outside mirrors and the backup camera (and marker lights on the trailer for when it's dark ... make sure you have this!), that is all you need to know.

·
Super Moderator
10,198 Posts
I couldn't back my trailer up without looking out the rear windows! The BU camera is great but I would never trust it over my two eyes. I guess it's all how you learned to do it in the beginning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts