Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Josh. I've been lurking on this site for a while now. I own a 2500 2015 Promaster. It was bought new several months ago. I'm looking to convert it into a livable RV for spring/summer/fall vacationing. I'm posting here today because I have some questions I would like to ask some of the other owners about.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
ff,

That's what I set up my PM for. Al the comforts of home, but not designed for heavy winter cold. We have camped for a number of nites when the daytime temp was about 90, but parked in the shade, and once the sun went down, a 12V fan kept us quite comfortable. In October, we have don a few sub 50 degree nights with a 120V heater plugged in and it was comfortable.

My van has no roof insulation (yet), and glass all around, so there not a lot of insulative thing happening. For a 3 season van, that has not been an issue! Plus if it gets really cold, the van heater easily keeps the van toasty warm. OTOH, the van AC will not keep the whole van cool on a hot day in the sun. Perfect for up front, but...

welcome,
Ed

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,959 Posts
We have good insulation above the windows, rear quarters and behind the driver, but nothing in the doors yet and max windows with no covering. This week, night temps have been about freezing. Van temp is holding about 10° warmer with no aux heat. Low 40°s is good enough to get out of warm bed and into warm clothes.

With shore power, a tiny 750-1500W heater can keep it at 70°. So we consider this a 4-season camper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts