Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get my vanco's rotated and was informed the fronts were too worn to rotate, so I got some new ones. Went up to a 245/75 in a Firestone Transforce AT. The ride is so much smoother and it all but eliminated the torque steer problem I was having. They definitely look better too IMO.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Vanco's suck - they are the last tires I would choose to purchase for any application!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have read lots of complaints about the Vanco tires & no praise.

However those 245/75 Firestone tires look like a mighty tight fit at the rear. Or is it an illusion?

How about the fronts?

My last 2 sets of tires were Firestones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have read lots of complaints about the Vanco tires & no praise.

However those 245/75 Firestone tires look like a mighty tight fit at the rear. Or is it an illusion?

How about the fronts?

My last 2 sets of tires were Firestones.

Plenty of room in the front, about an inch front and back of the rear tires. If my rear tires move forward or backward I have much bigger issues. Lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wonder how much compliance there is in the ProMaster's rear suspension rubber bushings?

When I was shopping for tires I decided to reduce the options by only considering tires made in the USA. That got me to Firestone in a hurry & it was still a challenge. Firestone had many tires from other countries in the same model & size. Tire shop actually had to dig through their inventory to come up with set of 4 from USA.

What is the maximum load capacity for your new Firestone Transforce AT tires? Are they E Load, 10 ply, or 10 ply rated?

Were the Vanco's 2910 lb max load?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Cooper, Housier, Bridgstone, Firestone, and only the Firestone made in USA? Who knew! Personally I have not had such great luck with Firestone..... Explorer fiasco, '70's Wide Ovals.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i got the Firestones on my van. I enjoy the ride. I have used the Firestones on other trucks and got good service from them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry, if that is your impression. However that is not what I meant to imply.

Cooper, Housier, Bridgstone, Firestone, and only the Firestone made in USA? Who knew!
From my post readers should take away, that it can be a challenge to find tires made in the USA. More so in some sizes than others. And that restricting your tire shopping to only tires made in the USA will severely limit your options.

Further, take note that not even the Firestone tires in my specific size, were all made in the USA. Not even within the same model tire.

The only way to be sure was to actually check the sidewall to confirm Made In USA.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Note that the "Firestone..... Explorer fiasco" was addressed by a recall in 2000 & apparently only involved 15" tires made in a single factory. It's said the defective tires may have been made during labor unrest at that factory.

The negative publicity may have resulted in Firestone offering very competitive prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts