Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we have the Fiat Ducato testing in Europe. Of course it could very well be the Peugeot Boxer, Citroen Jumper, or Ram ProMaster as well since the front fascia is covered and that is what differentiates the different models.

The facelift should bring a new set of headlights, a revamped hood and a redesigned front grille and bumper. ON the back end, the ProMaster should see some new taillights as well.

Fiat is also testing the 2015 Doblo, which will come to the US as the 2015 Ram ProMaster City.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Already? They have been selling this van in europe since 2007 without a facelift.
I believe he means already here...

Its very well this is a face lift for the Citroen/Peugeot/FIAT but do you honestly think RAM is going to debut a new facelifted Promaster after less than 1 year on the market? I seriously do not...

but I'm just a fisherman who don't know nothing :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Do you think they are making the headlights on two continents? A big reason that FIAT Chrysler makes sense is parts commonality. It just remains to be seen if they debut the new FIAT model in 2015 or 16. I am willing to bet that the Ram model gets the same upgrade in the same model year.

Goofy headlights is one of the top three complaints about the van, imo. I am sure that RAM wants this facelift asap.

I just hope that daytime LED running lights come standard.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I sure hope we (North America) get this face-lift at the same time as Europe does, because the new headlights look a lot better than the current ones. The current headlights are the strangest-looking, most poorly-integrated I've ever seen.

Assuming so, it will be a little unusual that there will be a single-model-year-only look for the 2014 ProMasters, but I bet Fiat will prefer the commonality of the same front-end structure (although brand-specific bumpers and grills) being installed in all of their factories world-wide. Unfortunately for them, they will have to tool-up a North American version of the new headlights, because I think NA and Euro headlights requirements are different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts