Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shift cable for 2014-2019 3.6l Promasters VF body vans may come detached.
This is coming when they find out how to fix it. Should be soon.
Doesn't seem to be a big problem on this forum as in none has mentioned a detached cable.
RC-W00-20 2020-01-24 2014-2019 VF Safety Recall W00 - Shft Cable
Buy wheel chocks in the mean time.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Shift cable for 2014-2019 3.6l Promasters VF body vans may come detached.
This is coming when they find out how to fix it. Should be soon.
Doesn't seem to be a big problem on this forum as in none has mentioned a detached cable.
RC-W00-20 2020-01-24 2014-2019 VF Safety Recall W00 - Shft Cable
Buy wheel chocks in the mean time.
Mmmm. Could it be mainly fleet vehicles experiencing this problem? Here on the forum, most own the vans we drive and we tend to go easy on the shift lever.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Just think of all that money they saved by moving the operation to Mexico.
I wonder what constant recalls and warranty claims add up to.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I have just received the Safety Recall Notice. They will notify me when a remedy is available, hopefully before May.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
nd Still waiting on recall VB2 and W00.... no action yet and no one knows when. apparently helps to complain to NHTSA but need a few folks to speak up. You can do it on line.

·
Registered
137 Posts
NHTSA
"If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner " , what is "timely manner" and they don't even give you a link to file the complaint. I tried to look online but don't have much luck on how NHTSA define timely manner.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shift cable
Remedy Available as of today 5/19/2020
Safety Recall W00 / NHTSA 20V-036
Part needs to be ordered.
Only Business Link Dealers should order parts or perform the repair.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shift cable
Remedy Available as of today 5/19/2020
Safety Recall W00 / NHTSA 20V-036
Part needs to be ordered.
Only Business Link Dealers should order parts or perform the repair.
I just logged in to My Mopar and it says parts aren't available yet. I signed up for email notification. Is that how you got this notification? Thanks

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's early everybody's working from home and they haven't had their morning coffee yet.
Here's a screen shot of the cover page the SB is 20 pages with 8x10 glossy's with circles and arrows no mention of Alice though.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:coffee: I'm glad they clarified that this recall only applies to vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. That lets all of us off the hook. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
It does. I never got a recall for this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
nd Still waiting on recall VB2 and W00.... no action yet and no one knows when. apparently helps to complain to NHTSA but need a few folks to speak up. You can do it on line.
Hi Trish,
As other users have mentioned, parts are now available for the W00 recall. We recommend contacting your preferred dealer to schedule a time to get this recall completed as soon as possible. Please send us a private message if you have any questions or concerns.

Lydia
RamCares

1 - 15 of 15 Posts