Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 2015 Ram Promaster Diesel Cargo Van 136" wheelbase for a couple of months now. I have had a couple of check engine light services already, but basically the vehicle or running great. I am enjoying that diesel fuel is 30 cents cheaper than gas or more.

I plan on adding C.R. Laurence vented windows on the driver and passenger sliding doors, and possibly a sunroof.

I have the original Ram Promaster cargo van partition, including Torx installation screws. This Cargo Van Bulkhead was included in my new Ram Promaster van purchase, but is not needed, as I am doing a van conversion. The bulkhead will fit low roof or high roof 2014-15 Ram Promaster to safely separate the cargo area from the driving cabin. Will fit 118", 136" and 159" wheelbase models. White metal on inside of cargo area, white material matching cab side, with hooks to hold jackets. $350 or let me know your best offer (local San Francisco Bay Area buyer only).

I am converting this van to a mini personal RV for use on the weekends at music festivals. So, alternately, if anyone knows how to cut a hatch through the bulkhead and line the hatch edge to be able to slip into the back, I would be interested in that. I want to have easy access to the interior of the van. I could remove the bulkhead, but it is helpful for sound insulation and for the air conditioning to leave it in place. I planning to go to a van customization place in San Jose for part of the conversion.

·
Registered
154 Posts
best of both worlds

Cutting a door/passageway might be a smart option; best of both worlds. As I understand it, removing the partition will reveal bare areas that are usually covered in PMs without the bulkhead. Flexible split-foam pipe insulation would be a quick way to protect yourself from the cut edges (with a little sanding/grinding). You could squirt a bead of the minimal-expanding Great Stuff inside the foam before pressing into place for adhesion and a little more pad. You could also use vinyl, rubber or flexible PVC tubing and carefully (neatly) split it yourself. There's even plastic trim designed for just that purpose out there if you can find it. Personally, I'd cut an opening with radius'd corners leaving the top and bottom of the partition secured to the van for structural intregrity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts