Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my experience with DUPAGE Chrysler In Glendale Heights, IL

I brought my promaster over there for service, due to leaking radiator.

I was informed the radiator is on back order so it will be a while. Ok, I understand.

2 weeks later, I get a call the radiator has arrived and my car will be ready for pick up in one day.

The also found power steering line leak, charged me $330.00 for it.

Radiator has been covered by chrysler under their good will warranty.

Here's the fun. I pick up my vehicle, look under the hood the next day my coolant is nearly gone. I look at the radiator and it does not look like anything new. IT HAD BUGS from last summer, rocks and debris.

I call chrysler, they advise dealership stated the new radiator is in and everything is working. And they have to put their trust in their dealerships.

I take it to another dealer service advised by my case manager Lisa, BTW Lisa has been very helpful throughout this process.

New dealer confirms radiator leaking, and looking like a used radiator. Which means the radiator did not get replaced.

On top of that they find a leak in the transmission line.

I call chrysler again. They apologize for this and promise to cover everything that's wrong with this vehicle regardless whether the basic coverage expired at 36k... I have 63k at the moment.

They said they will be reaching out to the chrysler where they supposedly replaced my radiator, they will be demanding clarification, because they technically paid for my radiator and labor to that dealer, and nothing has been done.

New dealer orders radiator, thermostat and hose clamps, as well as trans line.

With all this dishonesty and bs, I wonder if the $330.00 for power steering leak was even real, they probably have made this up and took my money.

Also the oil change was performed, too bad 1k miles after that I get a message saying "Oil change required"

They stated the did recalls as well. head restrain and electrical corrosion. New dealer states, they are not done...

Looks like this dupage chrysler will have a lot to explain to the corporate.

When I showed my receipt from the dupage chrysler to this new dealer, they were speechless.

Another thing, they replaced my head light bulb, and left condensation all over the inside of the headlight. I pointed that out, receipt said, issue addressed, headlight reassambled and no condensation present. Look the pictures below and judge for yourself.

Unprofessionalism at its finest. Lies, thiefs. They also insulted me when I confronted them about the radiator, told me I am not allowed at that dealership anymore.

I now have at least few weeks waiting on the parts. that is after 2 weeks that dupage had my van. looking at 6 weeks out. Now I probably lost good $10k.

I also will be on their butts, regarding squeaky breaks and noises coming from rear passanger side wheel, whether its suspension or breaks. I will demand vehicle thoroughly inspected and fixed.

Here I include some pictures of the leaks and the "new" radiator they put in.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Dang! They totally ripped you off as well as Chrysler.
They should be shut down.
How many other costumers were ripped off?
Some one some where has to compensate you for the lost time and wage.
They need to be taken to court.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
With all the issues, from the get go. I believe the van has been in the shops for 3 months total if not longer....

Not to mention, I just gave it a wash the other day before taking it in to another dealer, THERE IS RUST EVERYWHERE, little tiny rust all over the body. The worst is on the hinges, completely rusted. I will take pictures as soon as I can, with a good quality camera. and post it here.

At least my 9 month old is one happy camper now that daddy is home for some time.. that's the only good thing.

I was hoping they would rent me a van from ryder or another service, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

I wish i video taped the faces of the guys at the new dealer when they saw my receipt from last shop. They were shocked..

There was nothing in the system although, It showed me last in there in january, thank god I kept the receipts. Also the case manager said they have every single thing on file, so it wont be a problem.

A class suit. or buy back program. or Compensation in some sort of way. I mean I literally lost a lot of money ehh

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. Since you are no longer under warranty perhaps you will now stay far away from the dealerships. Remember these places are run by car dealers, who are in it for the money first and foremost.

Find a great mechanic you trust and only go to them.

I haven't been to a dealer once (even with all the recalls due).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry to hear this. Since you are no longer under warranty perhaps you will now stay far away from the dealerships. Remember these places are run by car dealers, who are in it for the money first and foremost.

Find a great mechanic you trust and only go to them.

I haven't been to a dealer once (even with all the recalls due).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Actually, I am covered, Chrysler promised to fix everything at no costs. plus hopefully compensate me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your chances of getting any compensation will be greatly diminished if they see that picture of your daughter that you got to spend so much time with while your van was down. Those big eyes and those lashes that look like they have mascara on them. She's a keeper!
3 months, that's absurd. Don't know how long before Chrysler will give you an answer, but I'd be real close to getting a lawyer involved to put some heat on them. By the way, I'm just down the road a bit in Downers Grove and haven't brought mine into a dealer yet as I've only had it since late December, but I know I won't be going that dealer for service. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Man..... I am pissed just by reading your post. Lol My radiator has been on order for 4 weeks. Have 2 other promasters that radiators are also beginning to leak. No calls or updates from my dealer. Have been to 3 different dealers in my area for issues and have had a bad experience at every one. No one seems to care it seems. Never buy the first model year is what they say.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am also working on uploading a video clip from previous dealership, where I was called names, PUSHED, by the sales man, who was angry about me confronting them about $2,000.00 they sneaked in without my permission.

This how they act, I mean those are the people, who WE, US, I, YOU, have bailed out when they went bankrupt. Our tax money. Still thinking about hiring an attorney and taking them to court for being pushed. Although money situation is tough at the moment, especially since I have been out of business for a while now....and will be until my van is fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts