Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 3500 159 Ext gas silver
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! - It's about time I introduce myself. Been lurking for a number of months and appreciate all the helpful info posted on this forum. Ordered our 2015 3500 159 extended on March 24th from Egolf Motors in nearby Brevard, NC. My salesman, Allen Raines, was competent, honest, and easy to work with. I checked with several dealers in the general area and none would match Egolf's invoice minus the $1,000 rebate. Picked up the van on August 5th. The total came to $37,071 with:

gas engine, silver paint, cloth seats
extra key fobs (probably will never need them)
DRL's
Fog lights (unfortunately they also turn on head & marker lights)
Power folding mirrors (I like them and I'm 6' 3")
aluminum wheels
upfit interface connectors (not sure what I'll use these for)
220 amp alternator (to better charge my house batteries)
6 way seats with lumbar (wanted swivel but couldn't order)
Premium appearance group (not sure why)
windows in rear doors (our eating area will be in rear)
interior convenience group
speed control
trailer tow group (may need it someday, maybe for bike rack)
rear heater a/c prep (thoughts of engine heated HWH)

My wife Jeanie and I plan to convert it for use as a camper. We have had two previous RV's, the first a 1998 Lazy Daze 30' C on a Ford E van (8 yrs) and the second a 2008 Itasca Navion on a 07 Sprinter (5.5 yrs). Terrible leakage problems caused the Lazy Daze's demise. I was tired of dealing with the Sprinter diesel and balky transmission. Wanted an engine that could safely idle as a genset substitute. We both wanted something smaller in height, length & width.

Everything is tentative at this point and I've moved the van into it's spot in our tall carport. I didn't design the house with this in mind but it will be great to have this RV under cover (pic attached). This wouldn't work with either a Transit or Sprinter because of their additional height.

We have a few general objectives for our conversion. At this point I'll just say they include:

Low investment
All electric
effective insulation
use of residential appliances
boondock capability
'sleeper' appearance
minimum added weight

I'll post more details as they take shape. Many questions which I'll post individually. Thanks in advance for your help. Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi wbullivant
you share your information , i like very much , please tell me more about yourself ,
specially i like this info
Ordered our 2015 3500 159 extended on March 24th from Egolf Motors in nearby Brevard, NC. My salesman, Allen Raines, was competent, honest, and easy to work with
thanks

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 3500 159 Ext gas silver
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Raul
Not sure what kind of information you are looking for. Please tell us why you are interested in Promaster Vans. Bill

.......hi wbullivant
you share your information , i like very much , please tell me more about yourself ,
specially i like this info
Ordered our 2015 3500 159 extended on March 24th from Egolf Motors in nearby Brevard, NC. My salesman, Allen Raines, was competent, honest, and easy to work with
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts