Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Thanks for posting. The color looks great. I couldn't help but notice how light they went with the spray foam insulation. I wonder if the ceiling will get any. Certainly the floor will only get a layer of ply and vinyl. All production RV upfitters skimp on insulation.

The other thing I noticed is how they attach the cabinetry directly to the bare van wall instead of lining the walls and attaching furniture after. Perhaps instead of covering the entire ceiling they will only ply line the middle between the cabinets.

I would love to watch the entire build process.

IMHO the interior design looks boring and copies what everyone else is doing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Roadtrek has never been exactly progressive in their interior design, as far as I have seen over the years. Utilitarian would be the right word, I think. They usually cram all of the storage tanks and plumbing fittings in wherever they can do it easily, and the furniture is solid but not really comfortable (at least for all of their vans I have been in.)
I can forgive some style points if the overall RV works well, but they are probably not ever going to be a Westfalia (or better.)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
We can also add Dynamax to list of ProMaster campers. This one is a Class C.

It's interesting that the body is a little wider than similar Winnebago Trend. And they make reference to upgraded suspension, which may finally be the anticipated wider rear track for cutaways and cab chassis.

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/products/rev/

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Because of the PM's width, it makes deeper cabinets possible. As for the foam, I think that is as good as they can do without encroaching on interior space.

Of course, since I live in Texas, I really hope this van comes with a generator teed from the gas tank, similar to the Winnebago Travato. A/C is critical come May-October.

This van's layout is interesting, as per the floorplan in the video. It has two facing futon-like pieces that appear to drop into twin beds or move into one king. I like this floorplan because it deals with the wheel intrusion of the PM quite well, and it allows items to be stored in the aisle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They don't seem too concerned about water intrustion or condensation, just fiberglass batts for insulation in the picture, can't see anything above those cabinets in the ceiling.

What is the horizontal piece attached to the walls the length of the van, is it used for fastening cabinets etc.(Maybe some sort of universal fastening system)?

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is the horizontal piece attached to the walls the length of the van, is it used for fastening cabinets etc.(Maybe some sort of universal fastening system)?
Looks like its used to mount the cabinets. It also maybe part of the mounting many custom vans have for "hidden blinds"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts