Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New potential buyer here...

I've noticed alot of little nuisances with the PM's mostly the 2014 model...the radiator problem is my biggest hangup though... Is there a build date that the improved radiator is installed already, as there are several 14's discounted in my area? Are most problems corrected on the 15's? There are FAR more 14's on lots around than 15's which surprises me as they are approaching 2 yrs old now! Dont really want to buy a new one knowing what I'm in store for as far as recalls, brake noise elect problems and the radiator issue...Sure dont want a Transit as they are so ugly where as tha PM is really kind of neat looking!

·
Super Moderator
9,017 Posts
I don't know of any electrical problems, brake squeal is easily fixed and I have no worries about Ram replacing any bad radiators under warrantee.

I agree, the a Transit is almost as ugly as the NV!

·
Registered
14 Posts
No issues here except for squeaky brakes but they are mild. I have a relatively early build 14. Get the best deal you can get on a 2014.
I agree. Radiator problems seem pretty rare. Nothing I've read here would stop me from buying a 2014. Other than minor squeaky brakes & rear doors, I have no complaints. Works for me!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Build date is inside the drivers door. Check it and buy the newest date with options you want for best van.

It's what I did.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all... Went and looked at a few today...a couple of them were unlocked (on a Sunday)...really like the look and feel of the PM...Will be trying to deal for one soon as long as the test drive is good!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks all... Went and looked at a few today...a couple of them were unlocked (on a Sunday)...really like the look and feel of the PM...Will be trying to deal for one soon as long as the test drive is good!
Just be gentle on the gas pedal the first time if it has a gas engine. It will surprise you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts