Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my PMC about a month and a half ago. I traded my '11 Nissan Frontier for a used '16 cargo model. I'd been looking at these little vans for a while and I really liked the idea of owning one. There was just one thing, it needed to be big enough to fit my 450 dirt bike in the back.

The good news, it fits! It's tight but it fits.

I haven't done too many mods yet. I got the 4x6 rubber floor mat from Lowes and put it over the floor in the back. It really helped to quiet down the road noise. Today I'm installing some mud guard because I've found the front tires really throw a lot of dirt onto the body.

So hello everyone, my name is Ryan. A proud PMC owner, looking to have a lot of fun with my new van.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the forums Ryan,and congrats on you getting a pmc van.I've had mine now a year and love it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yay! Congrats and welcome. I've had mine for a little over three months now and I love it! So glad the bike fit!

The people here are really helpful and have a lot of creative ideas to help with mods and other issues. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your new Dirt Bike Transporter

Glad your bike fits. Do you put the ramps in by the kick stand when you finish loading? I would like to know how well this van works moving around your dirty and muddy playground. It's got some low hanging fruit under it. Like air dams and the rear spring pads. It will be interesting to see how well the rear bumper cover holds up. Are you going to add the scuff pad from the Ram accessory parts catalog? You might want to get the tow hook insert for the front bumper to have something to hook onto when you get stuck. Not two many good places to put a tow line onto otherwise. I have the factory receiver hitch/tow package on mine for hooking to the rear. I am considering adding some light duty hooks to the inside side panels on mine for hooking bungee cords and straps to to secure storage bags and such out of the way and keep them from sliding around. There are some pretty cool roof rack packages available for the van. The mounting area and bolt holes are already placed in the roof. All you have to do is remove the plugs to access them. With a receiver hitch you can get one of those bumper cargo racks to Cary coolers, gas cans and such. Or tote around a small utility trailer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts