Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just purchased a new 2015 high roof 136" wb with the diesel engine to use for a new business start-up. Haven't taken delivery yet, but scouring the boards to see what others have experienced. I'm a bit taken back by the warranty issues & difficulty with dealer service that I've seen here. I am looking forward to it, but sure hope this van isn't in the shop more than it's on the road!

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
I've had no problems at all with my dealer and every problem
Has been take on to my satisfaction. Like everything in life there are good dealers and bad and that is true for buyers as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keeponvanning! Once I take delivery, it will head from here to Florida for equipment install & wrap/decals. At the moment, it's a plain white box with rear windows. The parent company has used Chevy 2500's & this will be the first ProMaster. I'll be sure to grab some before & after photos to post when it's done.

I am also thinking that I may want to install some insulation in the cargo area once I get it back as summer temps here in southern Utah can get blisteringly "warm"

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Nearly all those warranty issues were for early vans and for the first Diesels sold here. The fact FCA had some teething problems is not surprising but the 2015s seem very trouble free. The dealer situation is what it is but they are the same folks that sell Ram trucks, dodge cars etc. Expect similar results. As the service managers and Techs get familiar with this van problems with service will diminish too. I think you are buying at a good time, better than a year ago and better than if you had bought a holdover "14. You are going to love that diesel!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts