Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I picked up a new 2014 ProMaster 2500 High Roof 159" gas model. It has a lot of fancy extras on it that we really don't care about, we bought it to install a wheelchair lift in. We will then convert the remaining space to a camper.

So this is our obligatory introduction thread... since the one we posted in the "New Member Introductions" section yesterday was not the right place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you'll enjoy it. Compared to others we've owned, the PM is relatively simple and easy to drive.

Congrats!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jerry & Cynthia! (non-obligatory) I think you'll be traveling happy and tidy in your ProMaster conversion. You guys have a wonderful website and I hope you'll be posting pix of your conversion process there, and hopefully in the build section here as well. As veteran RV'ers I know anything you contribute here will be appreciated. Hopefully you'll glean lots of good stuff from the forum as well.

I'm curious, what "fancy extras" don't you care about?

Oh, and what color is your ProMaster? :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We love how easy the ProMaster is to drive, it fits into most ordinary parking spaces and the turning radius is amazing. Our van is white, no other choice unless we ordered one. The "fancy extras" we didn't care about are the Uconnect, touchscreen, Sirius radio, cargo partition, aluminum wheels, etc. All we need is keyless entry, cruise control and A/C. The rest is fluff.

We will definitely document the conversion process on our website. We have until next spring to get it all done.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Oooh... I kinda like the dual slider. That could make things interesting.

Is it bad that I'm barely started on this conversion, and I'm already thinking about "next time" ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts