Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marty K
Portland, OR

Just retired my 118" 2005 Sprinter and replaced it with a Ram Promaster 1500 with a 118" wheelbase and a low roof. Change is bad.... however I am getting used to the new vehicle. I had a short and long LUVERNE running board set mounted and next week there is going to be an added window to the passenger sliding door. The engine is gasoline so I expect a significant decrease from the 25MPG that the Sprinter provided.
Still looking for a cargo mat for the rear and put a Costco seat cover on the passenger seat, this time before the dog started using it. I have built a platform in between the seats as my dog who works with me everyday is getting older and her rear legs are not what they used to be.
promaster.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Work

I own a small restaurant supply company. I deliver smallwares and paper products to our customers.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The 1500 low roof is a special animal
In that it has a more highway friendly axle ratio. With the low roof as well, and lighter weight, you're likely to see substantially better mpg than the bigger vans.

Last night, under absolutly ideal conditions and with the cruise set at 57, i got 22.8. I would guess that you might see 24 or 25 in your van.

City mileage will depend most on your foot, and next on load. I dont think 17s are out of the question.

Youll be happy to learn that aside from 2 major problems (brake squeal and slow coolant leaks) there are no real issues with the pm. Coming out of a sprinter, youll consider this thing zero maintenance!

·
Registered
625 Posts
The 1500 low roof is a special animal
In that it has a more highway friendly axle ratio.
Really? Everything I've seen shows that all the models, from 1500 short and small to 3500 long and tall, has the same final drive ratio, and the same transmission ratios. (for the gas, obviously; the diesel does have different ratios altogether)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts