Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, even mid-April 2019 there are still some new 2018s out there. Not finding substantially reduced prices tho. Got quotes on two I like and they only reflect current rebates. Last one was MSRP $34,500, Invoice $33,100, Rebate -$5,250, Sale $26,800.

Found out rebates are higher in areas with lower demand like midwest and lower in my area PNW with higher demand. But, they use your home zip to compute the rebate, so buying out of state isn't as attractive.

D amn, I hate buying cars.
Yes, last time I checked was a couple weeks ago?? About 10K off list... out of Chicago area.... so maybe it is location specific in terms of supply and demand. It definitely got my attention, especially with auto sales on the decline globally and a recession waiting in the wings... all those lease units coming into the market as well... and not real changes in the product... so buy new, but last year's unsold inventory... which has had the 'channel stuffing' problem for years... which seems to be catching up finally. Same warranty for the '18s, right? Same product.... why buy a '19? I would think layoffs are right around the corner.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Perhaps by checked you mean you saw an ad showing a huge rebate. These are misleading. They include every available rebate which most will not qualify for. I'm looking for actual dealer quotes that show the dealer contribution to a discount. So far, I've got $500 on 2019 models and $1500 in dealer discount on 2018 models. When adding that to the standard 2018 rebate, you get $4,200 off MSRP. Not even close to $10K.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes, by 'checked' I do mean the advertised price listed on autotrader.com for vehicles in my area. Slight variation due to color or option package which I just saw today... silver... of two white ones, one was more due to the 6position driver/passenger seats and cargo LED lights - almost 800 more at 27,150. I do think this is based on rebate et al.. which is why the link for 'check for availability' is always there... but the ad price is usually the same, so these 'rebates' seem the same?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought New 2018 Yesterday...

I Just bought a new 2018 2500 Tall/159" yesterday from a dealer in the bay area of CA (San Leandro CDJR) that was advertising $5000 off of MSRP, plus I qualified for $4500 more in incentives...($2750 Retail Cash, $1000 USAA Certificate, $750 Conquest = $4500)...for a total of $9500 off MSRP. I couldn't use the $500 Military (Retired) incentive due to the USAA one (only one or the other).

They still had (6) 2018 2500's as of yesterday...minus the one I bought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Stock

I went to a dealer in Puyallup Washington who had a fair number of 2018's left. I bought mine on April 10th. Price was $30,200 for a 136 HT with various options such a tow package, cargo lighting Uconnect system and some other things.
Which dealer? I'm heading to Tacoma today to look at a couple....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
J.King
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing