Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
autotrader, cargurus, etc are your best bet.
In December I got $9k off list, local dealer, had what I wanted too, $10k off was available but I had to drive 1,000 miles, not worth it in my mind.
Your mileage may vary (YMMV)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
autotrader, cargurus, etc are your best bet.
In December I got $9k off list, local dealer, had what I wanted too, $10k off was available but I had to drive 1,000 miles, not worth it in my mind.
Your mileage may vary (YMMV)
Thanks, did the dealer give you any issues about getting qualified with all the rebates? it seems like they stack contractor discounts, realtor discounts, extra trade in cash etc.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Should have walked out just to give myself time to digest all the buying options.
Dealerships are well tuned machines to separate you from your money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have a small business (DBA) you can get a better rebate from FCA. I was able to get about $1,250 more in rebate by giving the dealer my business information, but that was a few months ago, and the rebate situation changes monthly. The dealer was eager to help with that because rebates don't come out of their end (as I understand it).

·
Registered
538 Posts
When I got mine in 15. They offered a $1k discount for upfitting it for your business. The salesman told me I just had to send them a receipt for the upfitting within 30 days to keep the discount. That was part of a $7k off sticker price they gave me. I've been in business since 1996. Easy peasy. So my business did the upfitting work and I mailed them a copy of the receipt for it.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Yes, I was leaning towards buying used but the "fleet" price made it a no brainer to get new.

Is the OP suggesting that new 2018's are still available somewhere?

In my neck of the woods, new PMs of any kind were hard to come by. Used ones too are rare.

And recently, I've been chatting via a PM with a forum member (who doesn't post) and he/she has been having trouble ordering a new one. Has been told the wait is an excruciating 16 months. I can empathize as I waited over 7 months to receive mine, but 16 is nuts.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sales Talk

Yes, I was leaning towards buying used but the "fleet" price made it a no brainer to get new.

Is the OP suggesting that new 2018's are still available somewhere?

In my neck of the woods, new PMs of any kind were hard to come by. Used ones too are rare.

And recently, I've been chatting via a PM with a forum member (who doesn't post) and he/she has been having trouble ordering a new one. Has been told the wait is an excruciating 16 months. I can empathize as I waited over 7 months to receive mine, but 16 is nuts.
Got to love that sales talk, nonsense.
Auto sales are tanking nationwide.
Suggest you go on autotrader, cargurus, etc to view real available inventory. Dealer websites mask real inventory levels.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, even mid-April 2019 there are still some new 2018s out there. Not finding substantially reduced prices tho. Got quotes on two I like and they only reflect current rebates. Last one was MSRP $34,500, Invoice $33,100, Rebate -$5,250, Sale $26,800.

Found out rebates are higher in areas with lower demand like midwest and lower in my area PNW with higher demand. But, they use your home zip to compute the rebate, so buying out of state isn't as attractive.

D amn, I hate buying cars.

·
Registered
289 Posts
December, Best Buying Month

Yes, even mid-April 2019 there are still some new 2018s out there. Not finding substantially reduced prices tho. Got quotes on two I like and they only reflect current rebates. Last one was MSRP $34,500, Invoice $33,100, Rebate -$5,250, Sale $26,800.

Found out rebates are higher in areas with lower demand like midwest and lower in my area PNW with higher demand. But, they use your home zip to compute the rebate, so buying out of state isn't as attractive.

D amn, I hate buying cars.
Yup, in December the price went to $26,999, with a $36k msrp., so $9k off msrp for me.
Did not have to go for a drive and it had what I wanted.
Keep at it, you are getting close and yes car buying does stink.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rebates expired?

Just negotiated to purchase a new old-stock 2018 over the last week and was ready to purchase when it seems today that all rebates expired. Is there a seasonality to this? It would be useful to track them on this site to look for patterns. Not sure if it is a temporary thing for the next few days or a week or if it will last through a whole quarter. They still have lots of old stock to move.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Car sales, meet your quota by months end you are a hero.
The first of the month, starts at zero.
Be patient, don't bite at the hook, you make the sale on your terms.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchased a 2018 new old stock . Sticker showed 41100.00 I purchased for 29100.00 plus tax and destination. 159ext high roof.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for that data point. Would you break that out by dealer discount and individual rebates?

Something is different this time. The car sales persons are extremely low energy compared to what I remember. Its hard to even get them to provide a quote. They don't understand their own rebates. They are texting me photos of penciled-in forms or vague emails. So hard to buy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Let's see if I can put it together.

$29,100 sell price

+$1,700 because you said you paid destination
+$2,700 is current incentive on 2018
+$1,500 assuming you got the commercial rebate

That adds to $35K even. So, from a $41K van you got the dealer discount to $6K? Or, were there other rebates?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lots of stories of heavy discounts, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe I need to learn some negotiating skills. Can anyone else reality-check the above numbers? Best I'm getting is about a $1500 dealer discount on top of rebates on 2018 stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2018 Stock

I went to a dealer in Puyallup Washington who had a fair number of 2018's left. I bought mine on April 10th. Price was $30,200 for a 136 HT with various options such a tow package, cargo lighting Uconnect system and some other things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let's see if I can put it together.

$29,100 sell price

+$1,700 because you said you paid destination
+$2,700 is current incentive on 2018
+$1,500 assuming you got the commercial rebate

That adds to $35K even. So, from a $41K van you got the dealer discount to $6K? Or, were there other rebates?
There was also a rebate of 1000.00 to finance through Chrysler, which I did. I was going to write a check for the van but decided to finance and take the rebate. I need to carry the loan for 90 days then I will pay it off. I did qualify for the commercial rebate.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts