Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dd you noticed that RAM changed their window tint on the ProMaster in 2015?
It is much darker now. I would like to apply a film to the back door windows of my 2014 van that would match the new tint. Any suggestion to the percentage I should apply? The original windows hab a green tint. Which color tint should I use to hide it. Should I use ceramic based tint to help block the heat?

My van

·
Registered
756 Posts
My Sept 2014 build window wagon has the privacy tint windows, no option listed on the window sticker for it though that I can see.

The Salesman mentioned smoked glass was a fleet people-mover internal option code, something about all window wagons getting the deep-tint when large blocks of southern fleet sales (Florida, Texas, etc.) were in production.

I might experiment with cheap DIY tint films to try and get something exceptional looking, a dark chrome metallic foil on the back glass might add to the looks better, and silvering film on the sides? Then - if you're happy - commit to a professional installation for a better product & warranty...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My Sept 2014 build window wagon has the privacy tint windows, no option listed on the window sticker for it though that I can see.

The Salesman mentioned smoked glass was a fleet people-mover internal option code, something about all window wagons getting the deep-tint when large blocks of southern fleet sales (Florida, Texas, etc.) were in production.

I might experiment with cheap DIY tint films to try and get something exceptional looking, a dark chrome metallic foil on the back glass might add to the looks better, and silvering film on the sides? Then - if you're happy - commit to a professional installation for a better product & warranty...
Thanks for the info Zoomyn.

It's strange that I don't find anything on the internet about that privacy tint option and no mention of a change in tint options for 2015. There's no code for different tint option for OEM windows.

Maybe they installed the ligther tint in very early builds. My upfitter got my van in March 2014.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
My 2014 came with rear door and slider windows. I added CRL windows all around. The CRL's are definitely darker than the OEM's. The OEM's have a green tint, the CRL's have a grey tint.

A tint place suggested I add a 15% grey tint film to match the OEM to the darker CRL.... haven't done it yet.

·
Super Moderator
10,183 Posts
My '14 has no tint on the slider door window but RDs '15 slider door window has a good tint to it. They must have started tinting them in '15.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My '14 has no tint on the slider door window but RDs '15 slider door window has a good tint to it. They must have started tinting them in '15.
Thanks keeponvaning and proeddie. I will enquire at a Dodge dealer what would be the ideal percentage and color to match the new darker tint.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I will enquire at a Dodge dealer what would be the ideal percentage and color to match the new darker tint.
Wouldn't it be better to bring the van to a reputable window tint and ask them what is needed? It's what they do for a living.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts