Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I am hoping to secure a deal on a 2017 Ram ProMaster 2500 159 in the very near future. I've been planning my design for months now and am super excited to start working on the conversion. My goal is to have the van completed by the end of May, just in time to escape the summer heat down here in TX. My gf and I will be moving into the van full time at that point along with our two pets - a bird and a dog.

Looking forward to the road ahead!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I am hoping to secure a deal on a 2017 Ram ProMaster 2500 159 in the very near future. I've been planning my design for months now and am super excited to start working on the conversion. My goal is to have the van completed by the end of May, just in time to escape the summer heat down here in TX. My gf and I will be moving into the van full time at that point along with our two pets - a bird and a dog.

Looking forward to the road ahead!
If you find one with the OEM swivels made by Isringhausen (ISRI USA), check to make sure you don't get the defective ones. 15 months and 15,000 miles of agony and torture from seats that move, and with the FCA "warranty" process, you don't want these. FCA says "this is a normal characteristic of swivel seats". Stupidest thing I ever heard; watch out your rocking chair doesn't spin!!!!
Video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmBp4mmGuUB0lfw-Cc002HBqREw-HT6U/view

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thx Dwight. Been doing everything I can; I have to wait for the manufacturer to do forensics. They not talking, but FCA says they have been from the FCA center in Ontario, to the ISRI USA center in US Midwest, then to Italy, they now in Germany! Come on guys, the hole is too big!!!!!!!!! They probably coming up with some excuse they will make me wait another month yet. I will fix it myself and commence internet warfare against these incompetent, irresponsible and unaccountable agents in FCA and Isringhausen. The injury to insult was when Nanaimo Chrysler grudgingly replaced some part, they dropped the seat on the soft vinyl floor and punctured in 5 places. The new part had a serial # 189 different from original, probably from same flawed production run, and had the same defect, they said to me "see, all swivel seats are gonna rock".
Hoping to clear the decks of these incompetents so no one else has to endure their stupidity and disrespect. Thx for your support.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you find one with the OEM swivels made by Isringhausen (ISRI USA), check to make sure you don't get the defective ones.
Every time someone mentions the swivel seats, you post about how they are all bad and should be avoided. I'm curious, how many people have this issue with their swivel seats? Yours is the only set I have ever heard of. I've got a friend locally with the swivels and he has no issues at all. Is this problem as widespread as you seem to think? I wonder why we haven't seen anyone else post about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you find one with the OEM swivels made by Isringhausen (ISRI USA), check to make sure you don't get the defective ones. 15 months and 15,000 miles of agony and torture from seats that move, and with the FCA "warranty" process, you don't want these. FCA says "this is a normal characteristic of swivel seats". Stupidest thing I ever heard; watch out your rocking chair doesn't spin!!!!
Video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmBp4mmGuUB0lfw-Cc002HBqREw-HT6U/view
Man, what a nightmare. Can't say I have any interest in swivel seats as I'm already planning to incorporate seating for two in my layout, but if I do go that route I'll be sure to look into it. Thanks for the warning!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thx to Dwight, Shaun and dogbirdvan. Gapruner, just to clarify, I do not allege ALL are defective, and am finding that some new ones (post 2016) are ok, but there are many like mine that have not been noticed by unconscious owners; maybe your friend is one of them, or they have a good one. I feel bad when I point out the problem and the owner now complains they cant ignore the movement! Id be grateful to all for a serial # of any you are certain are ok, and serial #s of any you find like mine. The problem may not be widespread, but exists in many. Im just trying to determine what production run had the problem, and inform those that will notice the problem in a couple of years when the excess clearances get pounded out even more, and the seat is out of warranty. Thanks if you can help with any info.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the forum and soon the Promaster world. Super fun rigs to enjoy road trips and adventures, as I close in on 100k in my 2016 happy to say it's one of the best vehicles I've ever had and I've had a lot ��.
You will find here some like FCAsurvivor with complaints and issues who are quite vocal, however issues with Promasters tend to really be minor and easily resolved. I personally had a 2015 that was eventually replaced by FCA due to problems the local dealer was ill equipped to handle that we're definitely safety related. By approaching problems politely and patiently they proper channels FCA not only handled the issue, but upgraded my replacement and made the process easy. So much so I recently purchased another FCA vehicle knowing they put me as a customer first when I had problems.

Enjoy your new rig!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts