Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I've been reading items from this site since 2014 when we bought a new Winnebago Trend motor home which is on the Promaster 3500 chassis and has the 3.6 V-6 Pentastar engine. We owned four large class A motor homes before the Trend and have logged many thousands of miles of camping trips, primarily to state or national parks, national forests, and some primitive areas where "boondocking" is the norm (no electric service, no water supply, most often no cell phone coverage, but lots of quiet and beautiful scenery.) With the class A motor homes, we always towed a car. Now we tow no car and go everywhere with the 24 foot Trend. That is one drawback for me because I'm not fond of shopping or roaming through towns or cities. Now, when my wife goes to town, I have to go with her rather than stay at the campsite and walk a trail. That's OK though. I'm getting used to it. My wife drives the Trend with confidence, though still a bit nervous. I do most of the driving. We have more than twenty thousand miles on the Trend now. I like it. It's comfortable, efficient, and highly maneuverable. I had one serious problem with the engine at about fourteen thousand miles. The engine developed a small tapping sound, then finally an obvious knock. I had to drive it 60 miles to the closest Dodge dealership that was certified to service the Promaster. They found that it had a cracked flexplate. We had to leave it there and rent a car to return home. After more than a week, we were called and told that it was ready. We rented another car and returned to get it. There was no charge and our expenses were paid under warranty. We've had only one problem since. Our check engine light came on a couple of weeks ago. I took it to a dealership about 20 miles away. At first they could detect no problem. The service writer's code reader found nothing, yet the check engine light was on. He asked a technician to take it back into the service area and check it again. The technician said it was a bad oxygen sensor. That was replaced, and the problem was solved. Again at no charge. We have just come back from a long trip into New Brunswick, Canada, and will be heading west later this summer, all from our home here in East Tennessee. I'm up in age now, nearly 83, and the Trend may well be our last motor home. It's good to be part of this forum. Komac

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for sharing your experiences with your Trend! I'm a new Promaster owner and appreciate hearing about others experiences!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts