Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Just a quick post, as I am not purchasing a PM for another year or so. Still in the planning stages (coin-flipping over HT 136" 1500 or HT 159" 2500). Want an easy to park daily-driver with comfy camping/living options. A roof full of solar, wet-bath (cassette toilet), long sofa/bed (I'm 6'2") with room for two. Debating a gasoline heater vs. a 48vdc mini-split heat-pump (cool air is more important for my use than heated air). Trying to justify the expense of LiFePO batteries.

I like the front-wheel-drive of the PM and the relatively large "cargo" space available. I also like the pricing.

Anyway, I needed an intro post so I could contribute to the various discussions here, so... :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome...136" for me is fine space wise. I can fit perfectly in grocery store parking spaces. The 159" is too long for parking spaces around here - it sticks out horribly and my HOA does not allow anything over 12' long to be parked in a driveway.

However, if I was back in ND and the upper mid-west all the time where there is plenty of space and not in northern VA/DC area, then I would go for 159" if only to have more room on the roof for more solar, an A/C (my biggest need in order to use my van most of the summer - just dropping the temp to 80 degrees would be fine) and a fan. The extra living space on the inside would be a nice to have...but roof space is key.

I did factor in the costs of LiFePO batteries and I could have worked it out, but I plan on camping through the winter in VA and occasionally in ND and from what I understand charging the LiFePO batteries below freezing is a no-no. So all the money just spent/saved on LiFePO goes out the window. I didn't want to take that chance.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts