Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up because I am trying to diagnose a problem with my 2014 ProMaster 1500 It has 32000 miles on it and I bought it new. The tranny went bad at 17000 miles and now I am dealing with a brake indicator type squeal sound, still after changing the front pads. Hopefully I can find some help here.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Many of the early vans had brake squeal with their origional pads. I think the replacement pads don’t have that issue so you may have a different cause. You say "still" like it happened both before and after the pad change. If so it is more likely the backing plate or the anti chatter hardware touching on the rotor. That seldom happens on both sides. It still could be the pads. Think through the symptoms, be very clear about what is happening. Is there a chattering squeal or is it steady? Does it happen when the brakes are lightly pressed or must you apply them hard to hear it? etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry can't help you with your brake problem, I've only had my promaster 1500 for little over a month and it only has 12,500 miles on it. I'm curious about the transmission on yours going out at 17,000, what caused that and what was the cost of repairs? I bought mine from a private seller and I found out after I bought it that he'd driven up onto a curb and damaged the transmission pan which had to be replaced, it still has a slight drip coming from behind the pan up higher some where and the dealer couldn't find it the first time I brought it in, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about what to expect with this van, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im new to this! Just bought a 2014 promaster 3500 had bucket seats in it. Im looking to buy or trade some for the bench seat, 2 person Seat on the passenger side. I live in wheaton, il suburb of chicago, any help wiuld be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts