Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for adding me! Got my Promaster 1500 as a 2 year old leftover back over the Labor Day weekend. Got a great deal on it since it was two years old. (2014 model) But it only had 500 city miles on it, so I saw it as just broken in. Mines a high top cargo van with the standard V6 gas engine. I really like it so far. 4200 miles on it and two road trips. Love the handling and ride and crazy tight turning radius. Its run flawlessly so far. As a old VW van guy, I see this as the VW van for the 21st Century. Economical and practical. Stuff VW gave up on building. Very glad Dodge had these made. Its great for hauling supplies to remodel our old house, it'll swallow two motorcycles and you can camp in it. All great stuff for me. I'll look forwards to reading up on the forums here!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome, Another Moto Hauler has PM. Seems to be a lot of us using them to haul motorcycles along with all the other fun stuff they are capable of.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
The VW comparison is apt. Each time I get in my 136 HT diesel I feel like I'm driving an updated Westphalia from the late 70's and I grin! Some of the same quirks too. Shifter feels like it is not connected to anything but the transmission shifts, I sit right up on the front tires, from the cab it looks like the front is not even there, and the diesel has a bit of a growl like the old boxer air cooled had, just in the wrong end! I rebadged mine as a Fiat Ducato but I thought about VW badges! NOT!

·
Super Moderator
10,485 Posts
Good one! Done Big Bend and it was fantastic now we are off to Tucson and RD's world famous taco house on Saturday.

The promaster has run like a dream - even 17mpg @ 75 all day long. Love it!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All my old VW Bus's ran well. Even my Diesel Vanagon Westy. Although it had trouble getting out of its own way. ;-)

So far the PM continues to be flawless for me. But it did worry me a bit that the of the first five PM's I saw on the road, three were broke down! Mine will soon get its first service! Looking forwards to more road trips starting in April in it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts