Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm a new member of the forum. I'm a wheelchair user, drive while seated in my chair, have been driving full size Ford vans with 6 inch lowered floors for years, and need to replace mine. The Promaster measurements are almost perfect, but that ledge under the front seats is about 3 inches too high. It puts my eye level too high on the windshield. My reason for being on the forum is to seek help figuring out how to make this work. I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas. I suppose I should start a thread with essentially this same info in it.

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my searches I found an upfitter in Maryland, fr conversions suburb of Baltimore that do some upfitting for individuals in chairs. They have 5 3500 150 inch wheelbase extended, pretty stripped down, for $30,999 for just the van and extra for mods. These are 2014s and they are selling them cheap because they decided to go with 2500s. No other rebates apply towards the purchase price but also no dealer prep charge either. They may have ideas and they seem reasonable in cost. I'm not sure what they can offer if the driver is in a chair though. I think the front seats have some of the airbags built in so I am not sure they can be removed without impacting safety of the driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts