Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2766 miles on the van so far and LOVE IT!! Have always had Dodge vans with the 318 V8. Stayed away from the sprinter......Chevy vans suck. So happy these vans are on the market now!

I do have one AND ONLY ONE complaint......I got the low roof and it still DOES NOT fit through a carwash......weekly washings are getting expensive at over $60 a pop.....

There are only a few of these vans here in Lower Louisian, and it sure turns heads!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone lowered the rearend? Just to level out the van, not slam it. I think it would look a little better and maybe, just maybe fir in a carwash then?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I do have one AND ONLY ONE complaint......I got the low roof and it still DOES NOT fit through a carwash......weekly washings are getting expensive at over $60 a pop.....
$60 a pop??? Where are you washing it? Paying the CEO of Chrysler to do it for you?:D

With a small three step ladder I also use for loading kayaks to get the top, I can wash the whole thing thoroughly with about $12 in quarters.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Like the OP I feel the back looks jacked up and when my campervan build is done I would like it to be level. Perhaps this will take 2 inches of drop. My understanding is that the choices for such a small change are to get the springs re-cambered, have new shorter shackles installed, or eliminate a leaf (lowering the GVW). Which of these can be done or should be done is something a local spring shop with lots of experience might be able to do. I feel sure the dealer and FCA won't.

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
$60 a pop??? Where are you washing it? Paying the CEO of Chrysler to do it for you?:D

With a small three step ladder I also use for loading kayaks to get the top, I can wash the whole thing thoroughly with about $12 in quarters.
I manage to do mine for $6 in quarters but when its above freezing my power washer does it for me for the cost of a few ounces of soap in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I manage to do mine for $6 in quarters but when its above freezing my power washer does it for me for the cost of a few ounces of soap in about 15 minutes.
My $12 wash is a pre-wash, full foam brush, tire cleaner and rinse. Brushing the whole thing makes you realize how many square feet of exterior there is on these things - and mines just a 118" low roof...

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
My $6 wash is $3 worth of soapy brushing and $3 worth of rinsing. When it's 10° outside that's good enough for me. Besides, I'm a cheap *****!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch!!!

$6500! That's alot of $60 car washes........I can't pull a leaf because of payload. But the axle is mounted below the springs. May look into mounting the axle on top of them instead. There's PLENTY of wheel well so clearance shouldn't be an issue. With the back jacked up like this, I feel like it should have some big slicks under it.....it's too 70's for me

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, I agree the ProMaster looks awkwardly jacked up in the rear.

I think user Bulldogneon did a spring-under conversion on his PM. Search his posts and/or check with him directly for the details. My first thought is that such a conversion might lower it too much, but I don't have any direct knowledge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts