Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my PMC Tradesman (base) about a week ago and so far so good. My 2017 vehicle came with a cargo area liner and wondered if this is standard equipment. Here's a link for it http://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-city-cargo-area-liner-p-7223.html

Is there a way to leave open one of the side sliding doors while the door on the other side is closed and locked? Sorry if this is covered in the manual but its unavailable at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but no 15" rim will fit on the vehicle. Tried a 15" Toyota rim on the front (I know the bolt pattern is different) and it wouldn't clear the caliper. Because the van will be used only for an eight mile round trip 2x/week I'd like to keep a spare at home instead of carrying it with the van so I'm looking for a cheap one. There's an additional pin on the hub (guess it's to help hold the tire in place while installing the lug bolts) that may prevent a steel rim from a different vehicle to be mounted unless having an accommodating extra hole. Would alloy rims have the same issue? Would I need longer lug bolts?

HAPPY TRAILS!! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally able to see my owner's manual but unless found elsewhere you cannot lock the sliding door on the opposite side of an open sliding door. So will be using a strip of cloth (or rope) to tie the inside door handle of the sliding door to the headrest on the same side. Hehe.....not pretty but functional. FWIW, tried using the seat belt running thru the door handle and around the headrest but door still opens to a gap of 2-3 inches.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can't answer your questions about the wheels but can confirm that once a sliding door is opened nothing can be locked via the key fob. Front doors can be locked but they do not automatically engage all the other locks like they normally do if the sliding door is closed. Any chance you're trying to ventilate? ;)

As for the cargo liner. My Tradesman 2015 did NOT come with a liner. Not sure if that's the answer you're looking for. I can think of two possibilities why I don't have one. I bought used from a rental company and they took it out for some reason. Or the 2015 just doesn't come with one. Did you custom order your PMC or did you pick it off the lot? Another possibility is that none of them come standard and the dealer just happened to sell you one that had a liner. But I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The driver side sliding door won't open if the gas flap is open. If you dug around inside the van, you might be able to track down whatever mechanism causes that, and trigger it from the inside. Maybe a lever or a cable or something. Then you could have the passenger side slider open, and the driver side will be inaccessible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Can't answer your questions about the wheels but can confirm that once a sliding door is opened nothing can be locked via the key fob. Front doors can be locked but they do not automatically engage all the other locks like they normally do if the sliding door is closed. Any chance you're trying to ventilate? ;)

As for the cargo liner. My Tradesman 2015 did NOT come with a liner. Not sure if that's the answer you're looking for. I can think of two possibilities why I don't have one. I bought used from a rental company and they took it out for some reason. Or the 2015 just doesn't come with one. Did you custom order your PMC or did you pick it off the lot? Another possibility is that none of them come standard and the dealer just happened to sell you one that had a liner. But I honestly don't know.
Not to ventilate but my wife uses the van at a swap meet, often times having to access the van on the passenger side. The driver's side faces open parking so she's afraid someone might open the door unnoticed and take something from the inside.

Very interesting because my van came with the liner and also the Thule 3 cross member roof racks and nothing charged/listed on any of the documents/paperwork that came with the vehicle. Guess I lucked out on this one :). On the other hand I better check the VIN again to make sure it matches with my registration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The driver side sliding door won't open if the gas flap is open. If you dug around inside the van, you might be able to track down whatever mechanism causes that, and trigger it from the inside. Maybe a lever or a cable or something. Then you could have the passenger side slider open, and the driver side will be inaccessible.
Makes a whole lot of sense, never thought about that. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very interesting because my van came with the liner and also the Thule 3 cross member roof racks and nothing charged/listed on any of the documents/paperwork that came with the vehicle. Guess I lucked out on this one :). On the other hand I better check the VIN again to make sure it matches with my registration.
I'm almost certain that the cargo models will not come with a stock roof rack. Sounds like you got the hook up :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm almost certain that the cargo models will not come with a stock roof rack. Sounds like you got the hook up :)
All through the negotiations I was nervously awaiting the extra $$$ the dealer was gonna tack unto the price of the vehicle...but it never came. BTW, the VIN's on everything matches up and this was the only PMC Tradesman on the lot so all looks good to go. My brother works for the dealer in their parts dept., but no one knew until just before signing the docs. LOL! Didn't want them telling my brother what an a-hole of a brother he's got if I didn't purchase anything ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts