Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very glad to find this site! We are shopping for our "forever" retirement vehicle. We are most interested in the ProMaster 136 with high roof. Sportsmobile appears most often as the premier conversion company. Does anyone have other conversion companies they would recommend? We want to include a bath with cassette toilet and shower which seems to be the crux on a smaller wheel base.

·
Super Moderator
10,528 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure why anyone who wants a conversion van would opt for a 136 over a 159, especially if they want a bath but we will all be looking forward to seeing your conversion.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,688 Posts
You would make some serious sacrifices to put fixed shower and toilet in the 136, but it could be done even with fixed bed. For example, in my build, I could move the fridge to the passenger side in the doorway and put shower/toilet and MW/sink behind the driver. This would leave about a 2' walkway from slider to bed.

KOV doesn't understand the desire for 136" because he's a 159er. We 136ers don't understand the 159ers either. ? Either is good.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
...For example, in my build, I could move the fridge to the passenger side in the doorway and put shower/toilet and MW/sink behind the driver. This would leave about a 2' walkway from slider to bed....
Then if you added a porthole in the shower wall, you could cook breakfast while taking a shower! >:D

You know I'm kidding... your floorplan is a favorite, and is a great open-feeling, do-it-all design. :D

MARS,

Get a 159! I'm not sure where I would have put a toilet area in my design if it was a 136.... you're talking "forever." Go for it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most people only use the shower for a few minutes a day. In a tight van, the shower should appear and disappear as needed. A permanent shower takes up a massive amount of room. Make it all go away in between using it. You can put away the curtain and the floor pan and it is gone. There are over 100 different kinds of floor pans you can find from the $6.00 Home Depot concrete mixing pans (use 3 layers of them to avoid cracking) to the $500.+ self grey water holding ones. A very important thing is venting your shower to avoid moisture buildup in the rest of the van. Try to set it up right under a roof vent or run a high flow tube to the shower to suck steam and mosture out of the van. Use the shower to dry clothes by putting a heat flow fan in the bottom of it.. ie: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15KG-Compa...ergy-Saving-Clothes-Dryer-Rack-w-Wheels-Blue/

·
Registered
23 Posts
GOT A SHOWER, A SINK AND A TOILET IN A 136'.. WHEW.. Had to be clever.. now it is for sale at Majestic111.com as I plan for the next one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts