Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all; new member here.

Not too many years ago I built a teardrop with 12vdc/120vac but a trailer, even a small one, ended up not really fitting our modes of operation and so it was sold. At the same time, and since then, I've been using our Toyota Sienna with the seats removed as my stealth camping surf wagon for a few years ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157621867029259 ) but it's getting long in the tooth and a replacement is in order. I've been pondering just about every van option around for about a year now, leaning heavily towards the PM but not quite ready to take the plunge, when just the other day everything clicked in the resounding way it does when you know it's right; I've decided to get a 136 PM, maybe low top, gasser, and make a very spartan conversion out of it, something like this: Roof fan/vent, two awning windows, bunk cots that fold flat to the wall, interior seating via folding camp chairs, Rhynoline the floor and about 6" up the sides against salt water drippings, a table (for dining, cooking, wash-bin) that swings from or keys into the wall and a 12vdc/120vac electrical system. That approach will allow me to shove 10' longboards inside for transport and have a lot of space for relaxing. Simple cooking will be via a single burner alcohol or LP unit, washing in a plastic bin, pee bottle and a small luggable loo for "the big jobs". Nets on the walls and Rubbermaid bins for storage. That's the general idea anyway.

As with the Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers site, the amount of knowledge, creativity, different approaches/perspectives and craftsmanship on this site is astounding. It's quite an amazing resource.

John Clay
Tallahassee, FL

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I'd suggest a Butane stove. I bought one on Craig's list and have found it t be a super stove! See: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Portable-Butane-Stove-Free/dp/B000OC0AWW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463484323&sr=8-2&keywords=Butane+stove[/ame]
We use a normal porta pottee but avoid the "big jobs" for a personally dug latrine, or public toilet. Very neat! I'd insulate it to control heat/cold and to make it quieter!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts