Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like having so much more room in the front with the silly cup holder removed. I fabricated one that is mounted to the glass in the door and it works good.
I got this idea last night and tried it today. I will probably cut out some reliefs in the panel so it tucks away a little more. You can see I need way to support it securely. Maybe a strap to under the heater bezel with a hook or clip.

Car Vehicle Gear shift White Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I removed the factory cup holder panel day-one. The extra foot room really helps when swivelling seats and makes the cab feel more spacious. I seems to me your mod here just moves the obstruction up to the knee zone. But if it works for you, go for it (y)

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the factory cup holder panel day-one. The extra foot room really helps when swivelling seats and makes the cab feel more spacious. I seems to me your mod here just moves the obstruction up to the knee zone. But if it works for you, go for it (y)
Did you see that it hinges out of the way? I would only have it out while driving.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I like this idea although I sometimes use the small flat space under the cupholder for my laptop or a plate of food, just so they dont get accidentally stepped on.

What smooth plastic/rubber floor mat do you have in the pictures?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
7,395 Posts
And we thought we were brave cutting window holes! :oops:

I'd be putting a small hook (cup hook?) just above the hinge on the dash. Two straps (cords?)come up from the front of the cup holder assembly, across between the cup holders to the hook. Positioned so they don’t interfere with access. Maybe put nonelastic cord on small HF Bungee?

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry the image is so lousy.
I got the idea, something like this. I just looped it around the clip standoff in the back to try it. The angle might be a little acute. The anchor point might have to be higher, but two cords will leave all three cup holders usable, that's nice.

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got the idea, something like this. I just looped it around the clip standoff in the back to try it. The angle might be a little acute. The anchor point might have to be higher, but two cords will leave all three cup holders usable, that's nice.

View attachment 80216
you could ask your passenger to simply hold the cupholder on their lap. gives them a sense of purpose!

·
Registered
2018-2500-159" aka Sun2 -NE Ohio
242 Posts
Now you've forced me to show off my prototype console / cup / tissue/ map holder arrangement. I couldn't stand that stupid cup holder hogging up floor space and wasting all the space above it. Before our summer trip to Ne & Wy I cobbled this up at the last minute. Of course,,, now it's been there for five months. I removed the whole plastic console. There's a lot of handy space behind it but it will eventually need some sort of "finishing" treatment. The lower box is (normally) off the floor about in inch. We slide our open maps under there.

With the cupholders off the floor and the shelf up higher there is space to pivot your legs (shins) and my foot will clear the lower box while going to the back of van.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Fender
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Trunk

Reactions: 83Grumman

·
Registered
259 Posts
I really wanted the Fiat Ducato glove box conversion with aftermarket cup holder below to work but it didn't because Fiat's HVAC components occupy slightly different space. It really sucked to through $250 worth of brand new parts into the dumpster after waiting 2 months to get them from Europe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.