Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a high top van to carry my Polaris Rzr 570 inside. We frequently take long trips of 400-1500 miles to go riding and getting tired of pulling a trailer behind my Tahoe.
Not sure if I want a cargo van as a 3rd vehicle or replace my Tahoe with a nice passenger van. From reading it looks like the Rzr will fit inside but I'm not sure yet if there will be enough room on the sides to get in/out of the Rzr once loaded. My enclosed trailer has 12" of room on the side and works ok. Guess I'll have to try and rent one for a day to try it out.

·
Super Moderator
440 Posts
I haul a carriage inside my van that is 51 inches wide by about 6 feet long. I have mounted a winch inside to make loading it easy.

I am not certain how closely this compares to your polaris...but it might be of some help. I get out, by the way, by hopping out the big side door - an advantage that your trailer wouldn't have.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Define passenger van?

Polaris Rzr 570 is 107.5 x 50 x 69", the width is covered (55" between wheel wells) but nine feet long... yow!

With the 12' bed of the 159" WB Promaster adding a forward facing bench seat flush against drivers side for 2 passengers would be leave just enough room for adults to use the side slider door easily...

The cargo area up front is a little weird with the set back of the cab seats and the location of the door frame...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Zoomyn! What I meant by passenger van was to be able to use it with the seats in for passengers then pull out the seats when hauling the Rzr. Looks like the 136" would be the shortest one that would work. That would give me extra space for luggage, etc. I do need 70" minimum door height so it would have to be a high roof.
My Tahoe only gets 16mpg on the interstate, 12 pulling the trailer, so I'm assuming a Promaster would get 16mpg?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts