Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Been looking around at the new vans. I'm really starting to like the PM!

I had a VW Vanagon back in the 80's, and a Ford Aerostar in the 90's. Looking to get a van as a daily driver(I work from home so not a lot of driving) and camping/travel vehicle.

I really didn't like the look of the PM or the Transit but they're growing on me. My brother has a Nissan NV he uses for work, but I just can't get over how ugly they are and I'm a big Nissan fan(Drive a Xterra right now)

Thanks for all the info I've gleaned so far. There are some really great build threads here I've enjoyed reading through!

Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts
HI Jeff I just upgraded from my beloved vanagon to a 118 diesel pm LOVE IT!!!! It will turn just as tight a u-turn as the vanagon tons more power better mpg.Did all my research and decided on this over the mercedes.The look grows on you after a while same driving position as the vw.My wifes starting to accept it more too she really misses the vw little bit of a climb for her to get in but she's figuring it out.Seems like a solid vehicle so far:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI Jeff I just upgraded from my beloved vanagon to a 118 diesel pm LOVE IT!!!! It will turn just as tight a u-turn as the vanagon tons more power better mpg.Did all my research and decided on this over the mercedes.The look grows on you after a while same driving position as the vw.My wifes starting to accept it more too she really misses the vw little bit of a climb for her to get in but she's figuring it out.Seems like a solid vehicle so far:)
Hi Chris,

I really miss my old Vanagon some days but now I can't afford to buy one :)

I totally agree with you on the looks department, well, except for the Nissan, that will NEVER look good :)

Reactions: baja chris 22

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
When i was shopping about a month ago, i kept coming across screaming deals on chassis cabs. Like....23 grand. As stupid as it sounds, id go for that and daily it, and just slap on different bodies as needed. Garden shed for weekdays, camper on the weekends, flatbed when i need to move a car. A chassis cab with the double seat would make a great daily. Unique!

Reactions: Quest4Adv
1 - 7 of 7 Posts