Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PM has been sitting in a storage lot in Mexico for over three weeks, Dealer seems powerless to get anyone from RAM to do anything. Absolutely no response from any of the suits, they don't care! Anyone else going thru this, or have some advice or contact numbers? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry to hear this I experienced same issue ended up cancelling my order don't waste your time my dealer was no help in fact, I was told that I would be contacted/notified during each stage of production of which I think there are seven the only time I was contacted via email was that they had received/processed my order that was it. Hope this helps good luck.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Sorry I can't help but I'm curious why there are so many here who order their Promasters. Are there special options that you needed that weren't on the ones on the lot or is it just color? I ask because I have been tracking Promasters sitting on lots for several months. The dealer would do anything to move these units.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Custom colors such as red silver and black are not as rampant as the whites sitting on the lots. Also, the radio unit and other interior factory accessories are harder to install later. Especially the steering wheel mounted controls.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I found that the dealers in my area (Houston) have a healthy inventory but don't seem to have a lot of options particularly the partition with sliding window passenger double seat etc. For some odd reason the dealer closest to me always orders the same packages smokers group/aluminum wheels/alarm package/backup assist alarm things I really don't want so I was forced to order exactly what I wanted a second time hopefully I won't have to wait more than 3 months.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry I can't help but I'm curious why there are so many here who order their Promasters. Are there special options that you needed that weren't on the ones on the lot or is it just color? I ask because I have been tracking Promasters sitting on lots for several months. The dealer would do anything to move these units.
Taking one off the lot is the way to go if you want white and aren't fussy about options.

I didn't want white, and that alone, meant that I was ordering.

For something that I'm likely to have for the next 10 years, I want it the way I want it, not necessarily what someone else wants.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sorry I can't help but I'm curious why there are so many here who order their Promasters.
Because so many dealers ordered them wrong.

For example. I drove one with no ability to adjust mirror. If dealer doesn't order power mirrors, the knob to adjust mirror is not there.

Try backing one up without a camera! Yet many are ordered without it.

Cruise control is not standard, so many are on lots without it.

Ram really should have made these options standard. Or at least packaged all the stuff Americans expect in one option dealers could pick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts