Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why carry it on the nose? The front end is already well loaded. Just get a steel rack for the trailer hitch that sits sideways for cycles. Northern sells one that will carry 500#. I carry my old Royal Enfield 500 Bullet (400#) on one of these pretty often.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
I have a heavy duty cycle carrier for the rear hitch and it is great. I don't need it anymore so if anyone in S Arizona wants one I can send pictures. $90 all steel and skookum! Weighs probably 50 lbs. itself!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't speak to your question, but you've sure got me thinking, after looking at the photos, of how this mounts, and if it can be used to provide a front mounting location for some underside aluminum skid plates for protection of those oil pans on the gas promasters. Where we have to go at times off pavement, we're concerned about that. Mostly two tire track trail roads with high centers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I know in the Off-Road world, those type of devices are referred to as "Damage Multipliers" Get in an accident and you'll see why.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I doubt too these grille guards contribute to damage of impact, probably spread the force instead of huge hit in the center.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
REINFORCED Front Bumper. Had already used four pieces of Kindorf-SuperStrut bolted to frame in front of radiator to support 2- KC DayLighters. Bolted additional two .75''deep channels onto single six inch horizontal main frame,front end metal beam-bumper. Attached 11.lb solid oak door saddle. 1.5'' x 7.5'' x 42''. Now have 2.25'' additional material for protection. Also using wasted empty space inside plastic front corners for storage,in case of impact. Drivers side houses 2-Camco Tri-Levelers. Looking to soon reinforce back bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
REINFORCED Front Bumper. Had already used four pieces of Kindorf-SuperStrut bolted to frame in front of radiator to support 2- KC DayLighters. Bolted additional two .75''deep channels onto single six inch horizontal main frame,front end metal beam-bumper. Attached 11.lb solid oak door saddle. 1.5'' x 7.5'' x 42''. Now have 2.25'' additional material for protection. Also using wasted empty space inside plastic front corners for storage,in case of impact. Drivers side houses 2-Camco Tri-Levelers. Looking to soon reinforce back bumper.
Dan, you're quite the fabricator.

Have you given any thought to protecting the exhaust manifold and oil pans hanging down there so low?

That's what's occupying my thoughts. Love to hear yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts