Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to this community, actually new to forums in an of themselves! I am exploring a new venture into Van living and wanted to spend a few months researching before I delve into this! I have not purchased a van, yet, but will soon. Trying to weigh the cost versus age/mileage etc. VERY excited about this new endeavor, and VERY interested in learning if any of you live with your dogs in a van. I have a Giant dog (Great Dane) who is my very best friend and while I do not plan to live in my van for three years, I am HOPING he is still with me and can explore the country by my side! If not, I still plan to have a four legged friend with me, so my build will definitely accommodate that. Looking forward to hearing from everyone and learning about your adventures too!

·
Registered
2020 Promaster 2500, 159wb
55 Posts
Welcome!

Just got my van and loving this forum.

Will you buy a new or used van? SO many choices you have!

Our Boston Terrier, much smaller, rides and camps with us and will love it when I install some windows so he can enjoy the views.

Best of luck and tons of great info here!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome. We found that by leaving space for our dog's crate behind the drivers seat she traveled very securely and comfily. I'd give her breaks as often as I needed them myself. The van was well insulated and didn't get hot in the sun when we broke for meals. She was always happy to travel with us and loved meeting folks when we camped. Our dog is a 13 year old 50# pitbull mix that self identifies as a spoiled rotten French poodle!

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
1,994 Posts
Hi,
When traveling down the road, our dog stakes out a place on the bed where she can see out the window and get a little breeze. She is happy as a clam.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts