Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone have the new Gasoline Espar Airtronic B4L? I am considering getting one, but would like to know what you think of the noise levels vs. Webasto 2000.

I believe the Espar is more powerful, hence am concerned about noise levels, especially for stealth camping.

I have heard bad things about the reliability of the Webasto gasoline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I doubt the gas Webasto has issues more than other similar heaters. Given the relative nature of the fuels, theoretically it should perform at least as well as diesel. Ours was installed February, 2017, no problems yet. I suspect all these heaters are vulnerable to installation flaws.

Given that the Webasto could roast us alive even with full uncovered windows, I'm not sure I would want more power.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Due to the relatively long high and amperage startup shutdown cycles that the liquid fuel (gasoline, diesel) heaters go thru you really dont want the heater to startup/shutdown often. The glowplug uses around 10 amps on the small diesel heaters, and more startup/shutdown cycles makes them more prone to coking. Seems like it is more important to "right size" the heater for a liquid fuel heater. @GaryBIS has posted examples of how to calculate thermal gain/loss that you could use to estimate what size heater would be best given your intended use. Also note that the kw rating for these heaters is fuel input not heat output.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts