Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am in the early stages of planning for a Promaster 1500 118 wheel base to make into a camper.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome, we seem to always suggest a 136” high top is the minimum camper platform which was what I did. It is still small and can parallel park in cities but you can stand up in it even after insulating the ceiling and floor. It is not that much more to buy, turns on a dime, runs just as cheap and you can carry enough to camp for way more than a weekend. If you haven’t purchased yet consider the options. Be well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome, please post your build here. I am also contemplating the same when my little 4x4 tank Toyota Previa dies.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,499 Posts
For reference, the 136" is 5" shorter than my 2006 (pre-monster) regular cab Tundra. It's turning radius is almost as tight as my Corolla. It drives better than either of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the suggestions about the high roof 136 - but I have already had a high roof sprinter, 144 wheel base, and found it did not work for me. I live on a fairly busy street, and parking is on the street. I also want to use the van for around town use. I think the low roof will be limiting for camping, but I am not planning on living in it. I just want to be able to drive around the continent, sleep some nights in the van, and do it on a pretty simply platform. I don't hanker after a big camper. A good bed, small fridge, and I'm hopefully happy. Remains to be seen. If anyone has a 115 118 wheel base, I'd like to see some photos of your unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts