Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2015 Promaster from the ram dealer and it didn't come with a spare tire. I asked the dealer and they just said that the spare tires do not come standard with the vehicle. My other 2014 Promaster came with a spare tire. Is this true that they do not come standard with a spare tire?

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
You can order a kit for a spare-less van. Most companies will do a spare delete and give a credit. Look at your Monroney sticker or get it via your VIN on the internet. It may show "Spare Delete". I ordered my 2015 and it DID include a spare standard, but it had a radio too, although I could have deleted it for a small credit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at the Monroney sticker and it does in fact say "Full Size Spare Tire" listed under the exterior features sections.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2014 3500 EXT, didn't come with a spare wheel/tire. It was a used van on the lot. I rattled the cage of the dealership where I bought it thinking a spare tire was a given. As stated above you can buy them with a spare tire deleted. I asked the dealership to give me a quote for putting one on and it was $1600. Ouch! I decided to get AAA until I find an after market set up I like. At least it came with a fix a flat kit....right!? Good luck finding the wheel. I think eurocamper sells them still.....

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I just looked at the Monroney sticker and it does in fact say "Full Size Spare Tire" listed under the exterior features sections.....
That dealer is being a SOB. Call Chrysler customer care and let them know you were CHEATED! What ate they thinking? You get that spare!

(866-726-4636) 866-RAM-INFO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the customer care phone #. I talked to the manager today and he said he is going to look into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts