Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my new floor. I did have a thick industrial rubber mat, but I didn't like how dirty and hard to clean it was. So I cleaned it up the best I could and laid a sheet (3 sections) plywood over it, then laid vinyl on top. It turned out great.

Next I will install the D-Rings and the Bench Ford Econoline bench seat I had installed from before. I'm going to put a bead of clear silicone along the edge (gap) where the floor meets the walls to prevent any debris or dirt from falling in.

Super happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,501 Posts
Before you use that silicone, consider the foam dowel at Lowes that goes in cracks. Credit card works great to push it down. Can be removed, adjusted as needed. See my thread.

The silicone WILL fail because everything moves in a vehicle, then you will have a mess you can't clean up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Before you use that silicone, consider the foam dowel at Lowes that goes in cracks. Credit card works great to push it down. Can be removed, adjusted as needed. See my thread.

The silicone WILL fail because everything moves in a vehicle, then you will have a mess you can't clean up.

Otherwise known as backer rod. You'll find it near where weather stripping is displayed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probaiter,

If I were you, I'd pop off those black triangle covers and look inside! Hopefully, there's no dirt in there!

·
Registered
120 Posts
that does look nice. I like the diamond plate edges. did you make those yourself or did they come with the rubber mat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a local custom van shop in town that sells alot of rack systems and thick rubber mat flooring for ppl that are using vans for jobs/work etc. They up sold me on the diamond plate trim while I got the mat installed. It didn't quite fit right before because my mat/flooring was much thinner than it is now. Now it actually fits snug and looks like it's meant for my current flooring. I don't recall how much I paid for the black mat or the diamond plate edging...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm going to head to Lowes now and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probaiter,

If I were you, I'd pop off those black triangle covers and look inside! Hopefully, there's no dirt in there!
Great. Idea, I'm sure it's got dirt in there from my bikes. Also planned on tackling the wall insulation and wall sections soon as well. Can't wait until she's done!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts