Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I decided to sell our travel trailer and try a camper van instead. I couldn't find a factory built Promaster camper that would meet our needs so I told her that I would just do the conversion myself. Piece of cake I said. Progress was painfully slow but after 8 months it is nearly done.

We bought a new 2015 diesel Promaster 1500, 136" wheel base, high roof, Granite Crystal van with a lot of nice options. It came with a factory trailer hitch, back-up camera, park assist, power mirrors, aluminum wheels, and a bunch of other options. We wanted to fit all of the amenities of our Bigfoot travel trailer in the much smaller van volume, which was a real challenge. A toilet and shower, propane stove, water heater, fresh and waste water tanks, room heater, inverter, microwave, and TV were absolute necessities. The camper would only need to accommodate two people, so some space was saved by not having the provision for sleeping a crowd.

I will post more details of the conversion later in the Promaster Builds and Conversions Section.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts